Sign in to follow this  
wigeon jim

A few pigeons with my 16g A5

woooow i luuuuve A5's didnt know they made 16gauge...............

that made my day:lol:

Yes, my neighbour has/had one.  Lovely to shoot as well. My 16 gauge is a Remy 1100 not quite as 'classic' but still a delight to shoot.

This wet weather has stopped most of the harvesting on my areas, so waiting for a few days suny weather again.  Just had a look at my 2018 diary and I shot 29 pigeons in a couple of hours this week last year.

Posted (edited)

Some nice shooting there, I haven't owned a 16 gauge for about 35 years.

I like that the cartridges are still blue, unlike 12ga which are all over the place.

A very nice gun, but the cartridges were hard to get and expensive then, I doubt things have got much better.

Edited by Cranfield

I've got dibs on a "Sweet 16" when the owner decides to sell it! A lovely gun to shoot, i don't think he's used it in 3 years at least now

20 hours ago, Big Mat said:

I've got dibs on a "Sweet 16" when the owner decides to sell it! A lovely gun to shoot, i don't think he's used it in 3 years at least now

Jealous here, been looking for one for ages!

Seen a few ropey old clunkers but would love to add one to my collection of Auto-5's (got 3 of them all 12 bores)

3 hours ago, Wingman said:

Jealous here, been looking for one for ages!

Seen a few ropey old clunkers but would love to add one to my collection of Auto-5's (got 3 of them all 12 bores)

The farmer who owns it, has had that long that he had to have it restricted to 3 shots when the law changed! It's not in perfect nick, but when he wants to sell, i'll have it restored