NPPC

Jacko3275

Just emailed to see how much land they have local to me in South Yorkshire and a 175 for the year it sounds good probably spend close to that a month clay shooting lol

7 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

join it and see,ive been with it bout 8 years,have other perms but well worth the money.

15 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

u wont get locations till u join,wished i lived that close,my trips over there are over 200 miles round trip,was near bedale yesterday.

That a fair bit to travel .. don’t want location as such just if there is places quite close to me 

12 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

u wont get locations till u join,wished i lived that close,my trips over there are over 200 miles round trip,was near bedale yesterday.

How do recon the place to book where you want to go living that far away or is it just fingers crossed that there are bird there 

13 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

Thinking of joining the above to help me get more experience but just wondered if it might help open doors to getting my own perms thoughts please 

At the end of the day if you are not having any luck in securing your own perms , what other choice have you got ? , you will get the odd member offer you a days shooting but there are very few members who can give you a permission .

I don't know about other counties as I very rarely move out of the one I am in , but I can honestly say that getting pigeon shooting in our county is not that hard to come by , for a start the local wildfowling clubs have got some very good land to pigeons over , and I know for a fact that there are farms where nobody shoot on , we haven't got that many dedicated pigeon shooters and they are going on the better places so leaving the ones that only hold pigeons now and again alone .

One thing for certain , we have got more pigeons than the people who shoot them :lol:

14 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

How do recon the place to book where you want to go living that far away or is it just fingers crossed that there are bird there 

well ive been with it for so long i know most places that produce,best is to concentrate on certain area,s you get to know the ground,but as a pointer i can tell u there is land all over yorks,lincoln,stafford derby,northampton,brum,if u get my drift,we all have to travel a certain amount.u get out of it what u put in.pm me if u like.

FWIW  I wish you the very best of luck, I have read the majority of your posts and it's nice to see someone so determined to enjoy his chosen sport - many people come on this site and ask for shooting then disappear when members fail to fall over themselves to offer help. Keep going and I would guess that you will be rewarded - if you were closer I could most likely get you on land and, with your attitude I think it would be a mere formality. 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

FWIW  I wish you the very best of luck, I have read the majority of your posts and it's nice to see someone so determined to enjoy his chosen sport - many people come on this site and ask for shooting then disappear when members fail to fall over themselves to offer help. Keep going and I would guess that you will be rewarded - if you were closer I could most likely get you on land and, with your attitude I think it would be a mere formality. 

Agreed.

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Thank you guys

Edited by Jacko3275

On 03/08/2019 at 18:22, Jacko3275 said:

I have decided to join so I’ll see how it goes 

I hope it work out for you , even if you do join you should still look for land near to home so you can keep an eye on crop rotation and what and if pigeons are going on the various crops , if you are travelling to far you are going to spend most of your time checking out the various places , still , we all have to start somewhere and by getting a shared perm to go on you will be on the first step of the ladder and hopefully you will soon be climbing upwards .

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, JDog said:

If there were any pigeons in the Wolds I intended to ask you along for an afternoon. However there are none. 

If they are your nails it would be a first for me. 

Be smashing to get out if the pigeons turn up. My nails would never be that colour, it would do nothing to bring out my eyes.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Landyjoe said:

Out of interest how has it gone for you? Thinking of joining myself but was wondering how you found it and if it's worth the £££ to join?

Up to now it’s been worth it had a few ok days during harvest which if you ain’t got a perm is a good feeling being out on ye own but just waiting on the new list to come so will know if it’s worth it for me then as the last list I only had 3 fields with in. Half hours drive fortunately they had pigeons on them