vegetarian question

islandgun

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

Many vegetarians also eat fish. Many don’t regard themselves as vegetarians ( like a cousin of mine ) simply people who don’t eat meat. I don’t think vegetarianism is as clear cut as many would think, unlike veganism. 

Yup! I don't eat red meat but can eat chicken and fish OH! and bacon sandwiches! I can't say why. I don't think of meat as food and it's just something I'd rather not see on my plate. It's not a case of saving fluffy bunnies or anything.

I'm not a vegetarian (or am I Nurse?) but I do order veggie food sometimes, so I don't end up with something inedible on my plate.

Blood letting from a passing Yak?? are you kidding?? where are we going to find a Yak at this altitude?? I wouldn't feel guilty but wouldn't relish the idea of swallowing congealing blood from anything :sick: 

I don't eat red meat......havnt done for 58 years 

I'll eat any seafood, chicken etc. But basically anything that's head was bigger than its feet is left for the present wife.we have some snowflake vegan friends who have had his as their latest fad.  They are holier than thou until you point out 'bits they have missed' like perfume, leather shoes and handbags, wine which is clarified with shellfish or the swim bladders of fish etc

topic of conversation usually changes very quickly

i think we all eat far too much red meat...............i have halved my intake in the last year.......i still eat red meat as regualar as i did...but only half the ammont and of very good quality....i always make a nice gravy and as a result eat far more vedge.......

3 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Red meat makes my bum bleed!

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........:sick:.......you are supposed to put it in your mouth...........every day is a skool day ..:good:amazing wot you learn on here

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, martinj said:

Yup! I don't eat red meat but can eat chicken and fish OH! and bacon sandwiches! I can't say why. I don't think of meat as food and it's just something I'd rather not see on my plate. It's not a case of saving fluffy bunnies or anything.

I'm not a vegetarian (or am I Nurse?) but I do order veggie food sometimes, so I don't end up with something inedible on my plate.

Blood letting from a passing Yak?? are you kidding?? where are we going to find a Yak at this altitude?? I wouldn't feel guilty but wouldn't relish the idea of swallowing congealing blood from anything  

No Full English is a Full English without blackpudding :good:

If it is edible I will eat it, particularly if I am invited out for a meal. I like most normal people have preferences and tastes. Boring old world if not.

Armadillo is pretty good, certainly if presented Chinese style.  House sparrow pie was a regular mid summer supper back in the early 50s. 

All to their own.

Edited by Walker570

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i would only eat black pudding on its own with 2 barn fresh eggs and english mustard

If we laid on a buffet at a Young Farmers do back in the 50s then slices of black pudding would be on offer cold but with the wrapper removed.  Puts hairs on your chest.

The red meat discussion probably deserves its own thread, but for what it's worth I cut down massively on red and processed meat a couple of years ago now and have lost quite a lot of weight (48lbs at last count) and feel a lot better generally. I love it and do still eat it, but I feel it afterwards. I think it slows my metabolism down and makes me a bit lethargic, plays havoc with my guts too (I won't go into details). 

Normally have it now maybe twice every three weeks. 

Edited by Thunderbird
I got something wrong!

Bleeding bums and house sparrows  ☺️ the point i found interesting was that it would be as acceptable for a vegetarian to eat/drink warm blood in the same way as they would drink milk..  Iv'e  tried to work out why red meat made davyo bum bleed but gave up.. has anyone tried blood straight from the cow.? worked well for the Mongolians or at least made them a bit feisty.. I do eat a lot of veg mostly because i find it has more flavour than most of the meat we might get from the supermarket.. 

24 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I can't see that point getting a lot of support at the next vegetarian conference!

It could be offered as the vegetarian option in a steak restaurant  as in "Hang on i will just nip out the back and bleed something, wont be long "

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

No Full English is a Full English without blackpudding :good:

If it is edible I will eat it, particularly if I am invited out for a meal. I like most normal people have preferences and tastes. Boring old world if not.

Armadillo is pretty good, certainly if presented Chinese style.  House sparrow pie was a regular mid summer supper back in the early 50s. 

All to their own.

Armadillo crunchy on the outside soft on the inside.