Beretta 692 Sporter

yorkkie

The screw head looks to have already had some attention from an ill fitting screwdriver. 🤔

There shouldn't be any loose screws but I'd guess that one has been tightened before. I'd put a drop of non setting thread lock on it just to be sure.

The screw that really matters on these guns is the one holding the trigger group to the top tang. If that vibrates loose and breaks the whole gun will fall into 2 pieces... And yes it has happened to a good few of them. They (cough) fixed the problem on later models with Loctite.

No it shouldnt, I took my 682 into my local gunsmith to replace the trigger shoe and he removed the stock and loosened that very screw to rotate the guard for access.  It was very tight but luckily he had a right angled gizmo that enabled him to remove and replace it.

Stock bolt on mine was loose though..

2 minutes ago, Wingman said:

No it shouldnt, I took my 682 into my local gunsmith to replace the trigger shoe and he removed the stock and loosened that very screw to rotate the guard for access.  It was very tight but luckily he had a right angled gizmo that enabled him to remove and replace it.

Stock bolt on mine was loose though..

Thanks Wingman.  I was pretty sure it shouldn’t be loose.   I have a right angled thingumy so I will do as Westward suggests. 

Andy