Recipes to shoot the pigeon at a fixed position in 12 gauge at a length of 45m

Hello everyone I know that the majority of English hunters are champions of pigeon shooting, that's why I'm talking to you to find out your recipes in 12-gauge. Personally I was doing crop protection (peas) in the Paris region, at that time I was shooting manufactured cartridges. Sockets, primer, powder, wadding, lead, crimping, and length of the finished cartridge. Thank you in advance

albert

40 minutes ago, figgy said:

Just buy some 30 g 6shot carts and have at them. If all are at that distance use some choke I'd go for half choke.

Personally I would buy the cheapest 6 or 7 shot, 28 gramme clay pigeon cartridge.  

Use some choke.

I doubt you would be able to make your own for a comparable price!

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Personally I would buy the cheapest 6 or 7 shot, 28 gramme clay pigeon cartridge.  

Use some choke.

100%  not really worth the time...time better spent shooting pigeons. As above the pigeon will not notice the difference.  I do reload but there again I shoot 410 and it is a little bit cheaper that way.  But wouldn't consider loading 12 gauge.

41 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Use some choke.

Tightchoke i too would use clay carts but not all will.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Use some choke.

Come on TC he’s in Paris 

You need something to knock them off the top of the Eiffel Tower

cheaper to buy than make unless you want a very heavy load  

Hello to all the people who answered me, I have the impression that I did not have the wrong forum, am I in the "hunting cartridge rechargers" section?  I thought you were recharging your own shells For me it is a joy to recharge I look of course at the money I spend but for a hobby we can make small deviations, what do you think? In France we have the following powders to choose from. Vectan A1 AS A0, SP2 SP3, vitha powders.... some American powders: Hogdon, IMR,, other Lovex powders, Swiss, German powders. All this in droplets. I will also be interested in the recipes of the forester "Walker570" in 410 caliber. I will consult the Gualandi and Nobel sport website, I know them, but sometimes it is good to revisit them. In any case I see that you have the "British humor" Thank you very much  
albert.

19 hours ago, figgy said:

Just buy some 30 g 6shot carts and have at them. If all are at that distance use some choke I'd go for half choke.

Thank you very much of your advice.

15 hours ago, figgy said:

If the op is in france he will have access to powders we don't.

7albert what makes of powder can you get local ?

Vectan A1 AS A0, SP2 SP3, vitha powders.... some American powders: Hogdon, IMR,, other Lovex powders, Swiss, German powders. Thank you !!

18 hours ago, Walker570 said:

100%  not really worth the time...time better spent shooting pigeons. As above the pigeon will not notice the difference.  I do reload but there again I shoot 410 and it is a little bit cheaper that way.  But wouldn't consider loading 12 gauge.

Thank you very much have you an recipes for 410

1 hour ago, 7albert said:

Thank you very much of your advice.

Vectan A1 AS A0, SP2 SP3, vitha powders.... some American powders: Hogdon, IMR,, other Lovex powders, Swiss, German powders. Thank you !!

Thank you very much have you an recipes for 410

Yes, pull up Folkestone Engineering on the web. John on there lists some loads and I use one of those, very slightly adjusted..just three or four less #7 pellets to allow a nice crimp.

I shoot driven pheasant and partridge succesfully with them so they would and do work fine on pigeons if you...like all shotguns...put them in the pattern.

Check the powder manufacturers websites as they list recipes for lots of loads.  Pick a load that works out the cheapest you can get the components for and make lots of them. Only trouble is you can buy cartridges cheaper than making them 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, pull up Folkestone Engineering on the web. John on there lists some loads and I use one of those, very slightly adjusted..just three or four less #7 pellets to allow a nice crimp.

I shoot driven pheasant and partridge succesfully with them so they would and do work fine on pigeons if you...like all shotguns...put them in the pattern.

Thank you very much

chapeau.jpg

34 minutes ago, figgy said:

Check the powder manufacturers websites as they list recipes for lots of loads.  Pick a load that works out the cheapest you can get the components for and make lots of them. Only trouble is you can buy cartridges cheaper than making them 

I prefer to make them then I allow myself a question: am I on a forum and in the reloading section? I have a passion for pigeon shooting, making your own cartridges for this shot is the best.

Thank you very much

albert.

bonheur.jpg

2 hours ago, 7albert said:

I prefer to make them then I allow myself a question: am I on a forum and in the reloading section? I have a passion for pigeon shooting, making your own cartridges for this shot is the best.

Thank you very much

albert.

bonheur.jpg

Must say I get an extra kick out of shooting my own shells. However I do buy in all factory 12s and 16s as I cannot load them economically. 

6 hours ago, Continental Shooter said:

Go to Italian websites, you'll find some french speaker and lots of recipes for all your powder. I have some data for you but 12 gauge is not a gun I loaded in years. PM me if interested. 

Try: www.polveridosiecartucce.com

All the best

thank you.for your answer and would be delighted to have your recipes. Once again, thank you.

albert

merci le meilleur.jpg