Ditchmans Landrover

ditchman

Soon i am putting my landrover 2.5td up for sale..............i have a shed load of spares to go with it and i mean a shed load...............if there is any interest i will list everything and several pics and a price...........its a H reg 115,000 miles very clean and tidy.....is used every day and has never failed to start regardless of weather.........i have checked auto-trader and i know what i want for it ..a fair price...........if there is enough interest i will post up a proper advert and price......

im just getting too stiff and cranky to mantain it anymore and will go for something simple........

let me know yer thoughts

ditch

You’ll be sorry. 🙂 I’ve considered selling my 110 a few times but OH talks me out of it, reasoning that every time I see one on the roads I’ll regret it. She’s probably right, they just make me smile. 

Saw a half dozen in Ambleside last weekend all covered in poop, but the one which stood out was a split screen with a Safari roof and a severe lift kit. I was smiling as it drove by. Looked and sounded great. 🙂

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Soon i am putting my landrover 2.5td up for sale..............i have a shed load of spares to go with it and i mean a shed load...............if there is any interest i will list everything and several pics and a price...........its a H reg 115,000 miles very clean and tidy.....is used every day and has never failed to start regardless of weather.........i have checked auto-trader and i know what i want for it ..a fair price...........if there is enough interest i will post up a proper advert and price......

im just getting too stiff and cranky to mantain it anymore and will go for something simple........

let me know yer thoughts

ditch

Do the camo net that you made to cover it when pigeon shooting come with it ?? , if it don't I might be able to convert it for a Honda CRV  :hmm:, if not it should make good money at Acle in the September sporting auction .:good:

13 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Can you please put the advert in the sales section with a price

:shaun:

when i do an advert thats where i will post it complete with a very long list of spares and price..........reason i put it here is i didnt want to go to all the trouble of pics and long boring list of spares...unless there was sufficent interest

cheers..:good:

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It blows my mind have cheap LandRovers are on your side.  I often thought about importing them.  You all have seen my beater.  It’s a $20,000 usd vehicle believe it or not.  Lol.  I see nicer ones for sell for 5,000 on your side.  

Wow! There is a mechanic in a small village just 20 mins from me who travels all over the UK at the instruction of a bloke who buys Landrovers and exports them to the US. If they’re making that sort of money I can see why. 

Mine is 30yrs old this year and at this moment is down the the yard waiting for me to fit a new distributor. I paid £800 for it 10yrs ago and yes I have probably spent five or six thousand on it since that date but mainly uprating it ...3.9 V8 engine, galvanise chassis, Classic Range Rover rear axle and disc brakes, LT85 gearbox. Still going strong and working hard.

They are just like huge meccanno sets, unlike new ansy fancy models which you can't touch yourself and have to go back to a main dealer ripoff to get anything done.

On 02/08/2019 at 03:03, NoBodyImportant said:

It blows my mind have cheap LandRovers are on your side.  I often thought about importing them.  You all have seen my beater.  It’s a $20,000 usd vehicle believe it or not.  Lol.  I see nicer ones for sell for 5,000 on your side.  

hello, from what i know on the landrover would you not be better to import spares ? or is there a dealer in your county,

On 01/08/2019 at 20:01, Scully said:

You’ll be sorry. 🙂 I’ve considered selling my 110 a few times but OH talks me out of it, reasoning that every time I see one on the roads I’ll regret it. She’s probably right, they just make me smile. 

Saw a half dozen in Ambleside last weekend all covered in poop, but the one which stood out was a split screen with a Safari roof and a severe lift kit. I was smiling as it drove by. Looked and sounded great. 🙂

Sold my TD5 90 regretted it ever since. 😥 I had it for 12 years, sold it in a moment of temporary insanity. 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, from what i know on the landrover would you not be better to import spares ? or is there a dealer in your county,

I’m in North Carolina.  The LandRover defender doesn’t pass USA crash test.  We can import ones that are at least 25 years old as they are exempted from DOT certifications.  It’s a weird law that allows us to import classic cars.  

19 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I’m in North Carolina.  The LandRover defender doesn’t pass USA crash test.  We can import ones that are at least 25 years old as they are exempted from DOT certifications.  It’s a weird law that allows us to import classic cars.  

hello, i was only thinking of the spares market, this company exports all around the world Allmakes 4 x 4 Abingdon Oxfordshire based on Milton Park, they do not sell to the general public,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

19 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I see, that may explain why most of those in the yard are quite old and in need of work. 

On 03/08/2019 at 09:10, JohnfromUK said:

I bought my (200TDI) Defender 90 in 1997 when it was 3 years old .......... and I still have it.  Under 100,000 miles and never welded (yet anyway).  Had a clutch, starter, couple of exhausts and many cambelts ......., but basically original.

So it should be it's not done a lot being still under 100k miles.

It still has the original water leaks in the roof, the original sagging headlining, obstructive gearbox, wipers that barely operate in cold weather, washers that freeze even when there is barely a frost, headlights that can be outshone by a glow worm ....... as I say, all original.

Actually, it used to do a few thousand miles a year, including my annual visit to Scotland and a bit of towing, but in the last 10 years, it only does a couple of hundred miles a year out shooting - slumbering indoors garaged for the rest of the time!