How much to charge

By all means I'm not a pest controller, but ive a returning customer who I do tree work for who wants a fox dead, as its ****ting all over his garden. The dog keeps rolling in it and coming into the house. He said he's going to pay me. Hes a top notch fella, and I've offered my services free, but he won't have it at all as I have to travel and my time spent there. 

What the hell should I charge? I was thinking £20-30? Covers diesel and a can of red bull?! Ive Never had a customer pay me before for pest shooting... 

Just now, bumpy22 said:

Get the fox first and worry about the rest when you have completed task. May not be as easy as sounds

I know it won't be. A lot to think about in a small area with backstops, neighbours ect ect. I'd like a cage trap, but left them all behind years ago. I've 2 safe shots. 

Anyway hopefully I'll get it all done, and I'll just knock on the neighbours door who happens to be a farmer and ask the question in general chit chat... 

16 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I know it won't be. A lot to think about in a small area with backstops, neighbours ect ect. I'd like a cage trap, but left them all behind years ago. I've 2 safe shots. 

Anyway hopefully I'll get it all done, and I'll just knock on the neighbours door who happens to be a farmer and ask the question in general chit chat... 

👍

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Get the fox first and worry about the rest when you have completed task. May not be as easy as sounds

^^^^^ This.

I had a call this morning to sort one tonight. It's eaten the chickens from her garden. House is in the country but it's flat. She has offered a bedroom window to shoot from but the fox is coming at 4 in the morning. I have never met this woman and she is offering me a spare room (?) for the night, she is so keen for me to have a go. She has been referred by someone I shoot for and is happy to pay whatever. I need a fox trap. :lol:

9 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

👍

9 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

2 safe shots with what gun if I may ask ? Shot gun blast in a built up area at any time of the day/night is going to cause all kinds of panic, silenced .22, do you have Open status on your licence ? I personally think even that is a dubious explanation should a neighbour raise the alarm with police. 

8 hours ago, oowee said:

^^^^^ This.

I had a call this morning to sort one tonight. It's eaten the chickens from her garden. House is in the country but it's flat. She has offered a bedroom window to shoot from but the fox is coming at 4 in the morning. I have never met this woman and she is offering me a spare room (?) for the night, she is so keen for me to have a go. She has been referred by someone I shoot for and is happy to pay whatever. I need a fox trap. 

good luck explaining this to your wife

10 hours ago, oowee said:

^^^^^ This.

I had a call this morning to sort one tonight. It's eaten the chickens from her garden. House is in the country but it's flat. She has offered a bedroom window to shoot from but the fox is coming at 4 in the morning. I have never met this woman and she is offering me a spare room (?) for the night, she is so keen for me to have a go. She has been referred by someone I shoot for and is happy to pay whatever. I need a fox trap. 

Payment in kind? 🤷‍♂️😂

13 hours ago, oowee said:

^^^^^ This.

Have you seen her? The fox might trap you!? 😉   NB

17 hours ago, oowee said:

^^^^^ This.

I had a call this morning to sort one tonight. It's eaten the chickens from her garden. House is in the country but it's flat. She has offered a bedroom window to shoot from but the fox is coming at 4 in the morning. I have never met this woman and she is offering me a spare room (?) for the night, she is so keen for me to have a go. She has been referred by someone I shoot for and is happy to pay whatever. I need a fox trap. :lol:

Surely bump has an array of traps. Just borrow his haha

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

I could but I could really do with my own. They are never handy when you need one. 🙂 Going over tonight (not at 0400) to see if I can get it in the field next door. 

Dont blame you, I struggle to perform in the early hours, brain says sleep ect.

Id go over about 11, have a few drinks first :yes:

54 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Dont blame you, I struggle to perform in the early hours, brain says sleep ect.

Id go over about 11, have a few drinks first :yes:

I have to drive back at some point. More chance of getting it in the field, than in a house full of distraction :lol: I have high seat set up on the levels to visit first, don't like to put all my eggs in one basket.