shooting over stubbles

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, button said:

Agreed, some of the replies defeat the object of the forum

What I find sad is why some, rather than simply giving the answer to a valid question, feel they need to vilify the poster in some warped belief that they are demonstrating their own intellectual superiority. Very sad.

37 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

What I find sad is why some, rather than simply giving the answer to a valid question, feel they need to vilify the poster in some warped belief that they are demonstrating their own intellectual superiority. Very sad.

+1

i do believe on another post a regular on here ask a question about the law being changed about having  written permission off every landowner some bloke saying the law had changed.

I for one hadn't heard of this but if  the op had not ask the question  he would not have known the   correct answer and saved himself a lot of grief 

Edited by Rim Fire

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

i do believe on another post a regular on here ask a question about the law being changed about having  written permission off every landowner some bloke saying the law had changed.

I for one hadn't heard of this but if  the op had not ask the question  he would not have known the   correct answer and saved himself a lot of grief 

Your point is well made. However,  it is not the raising of being the question which has been observed upon but the way in which some choose to respond to it.

The rudeness is unacceptable. However the GL mess has been going on for long enough now to enable regular and irregular pigeon shooters to keep up to date.

I remember not many months ago, several weeks into the ban on pigeon and corvid shooting and despite hundreds of posts on this forum and national coverage in newspapers and on tv someone started a new thread asking if anyone on PW knew about the ban on pigeon shooting. 

1 hour ago, JDog said:

The rudeness is unacceptable. However the GL mess has been going on for long enough now to enable regular and irregular pigeon shooters to keep up to date.

I remember not many months ago, several weeks into the ban on pigeon and corvid shooting and despite hundreds of posts on this forum and national coverage in newspapers and on tv someone started a new thread asking if anyone on PW knew about the ban on pigeon shooting. 

Don't forget J Dog not everyone is as intelligent as others as was pointed out to me by you know who but if people don't ask they will not know it is better to ask and be correct than get your rifles or shotguns taken off them and be on the wrong side of the law 

On 04/08/2019 at 10:07, CharlieT said:

We are in the era of the 'virtue signaler'.

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

We are in the era of the 'virtue signaler'.

We're all guilty one time or another…..nature of the beast & social media etc.  Sometimes, a split second after hitting the return button,  you wish you could retract what you just posted😬

There are several reasons why someone on a shooting forum may either not be fully aware of the latest changes or need reassurance from their community. 

Pigeon or decoying in general may simply not be their usual field sport, they may have done a little in the past and decided to have a fresh go or perhaps a farmer has asked them to, such a person wouldn't necessarily have clicked on every topic of discussion on the subject. In short the events would have been of varying degrees of importance to different people. I vaguely know tail docking is illegal but until the day I need to chop one off there's little point memorising the fine detail or learn the loopholes. 

They may have read the new licence but felt they couldn't fully comprehend certain points, they may have even heard contradictory advice from different shooters (when has that ever happened !).

Worst case scenario is they're just too lazy to do the research themselves so they ask a straightforward question, even then it's not right to mock, if you know the answer then give it, I bet plenty reading this particular thread would have been interested in the answer ;) .

46 minutes ago, Hamster said:

There are several reasons why someone on a shooting forum may either not be fully aware of the latest changes or need reassurance from their community. 

Pigeon or decoying in general may simply not be their usual field sport, they may have done a little in the past and decided to have a fresh go or perhaps a farmer has asked them to, such a person wouldn't necessarily have clicked on every topic of discussion on the subject. In short the events would have been of varying degrees of importance to different people. I vaguely know tail docking is illegal but until the day I need to chop one off there's little point memorising the fine detail or learn the loopholes. 

They may have read the new licence but felt they couldn't fully comprehend certain points, they may have even heard contradictory advice from different shooters (when has that ever happened !).

Worst case scenario is they're just too lazy to do the research themselves so they ask a straightforward question, even then it's not right to mock, if you know the answer then give it, I bet plenty reading this particular thread would have been interested in the answer  .

👍:good:

6 hours ago, Hamster said:

Worst case scenario is they're just too lazy to do the research themselves so they ask a straightforward question, even then it's not right to mock, if you know the answer then give it, I bet plenty reading this particular thread would have been interested in the answer  .

Well said. 

I am a firm believer that the most stupid question out there is the one not asked. If you don't know or don't understand something ask someone that does! I will confess I don't everything but I'm not afraid to ask someone that does. 

There are many on here who have much more shooting knowledge than me but I will admit reading some of the blunt responses on this post I sometimes don't want to ask for fear getting some to the initial responses the op got. 

Getting more knowledge is why I joined the forum

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

Get back in ya box you grump... Just cos you missed out shoot bbq hahaha

I’m still hungry 😭

The anti’s are on the offensive mate and out to cause trouble. 

If they call the Police and they turn up the OP and anyone else needs to know what they’re doing and have read the licence to ensure they’re following the terms of it. 

As said, it’s no good telling the copper “pigeon watch said it’s ok”. 

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’m still hungry 😭

The anti’s are on the offensive mate and out to cause trouble. 

If they call the Police and they turn up the OP and anyone else needs to know what they’re doing and have read the licence to ensure they’re following the terms of it. 

As said, it’s no good telling the copper “pigeon watch said it’s ok”. 

That's it, I'm buying you a snickers...