Season targets

Fenland-fowler

Just to have another safe season, and watch some nice sunrises on the marsh with the dog, and possibly a bit of sport.

Last year finished strangely as a friend and myself found a body out on the marsh, not something i would want to repeat, 

5 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

As the title says what are everyone’s targets for the season, I would like to get myself a drake teal. 

A cock teal should be pretty easy to get, if you get out on the marsh regularly.

I hope to get under the pinks like I have for the past couple of seasons. I would also like to shoot a few more pintail.

53 minutes ago, motty said:

I would also like to shoot a few more pintail.

What’s one of those lol not seen one on the marsh yet. I will be happy just to see one fly past. 

6 hours ago, Konnie said:

Just to have another safe season, and watch some nice sunrises on the marsh with the dog, and possibly a bit of sport.

Last year finished strangely as a friend and myself found a body out on the marsh, not something i would want to repeat, 

Sorry to hear that must have been tough. 

2 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

What’s one of those lol not seen one on the marsh yet. I will be happy just to see one fly past. 

Sorry to hear that must have been tough. 

Put the time in and you should get a few. They are very common on The Wash. I shoot several every season.

10 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

As the title says what are everyone’s targets for the season, I would like to get myself a drake teal. 

You are in an area where a drake Teal shouldn't be that difficult , keep an eye on any shallow pools, or dykes that don't freeze up with the first signs of frost, if you try hard enough you will get one , for your first one it will be better if you got it from October onward's when it should be in full plumage .  GOOD LUCK.

11 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Just to keep on getting out on the marsh, plan my holidays better to get out when its more suitable, sneak out in front of motty and shoot all his geese 😂

Still waiting for the report on your promised day out with the Kings Lynn version of ( Pigeon Controller ) on the stubble's before the web feet season starts in just over three weeks time.:hmm:

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

Still waiting for the report on your promised day out with the Kings Lynn version of ( Pigeon Controller ) on the stubble's before the web feet season starts in just over three weeks time.:hmm:

I'm sure once he finds a field of pigeons that are stupid enough for me to be able to shoot, a report will be done.

14 hours ago, islandgun said:

Getting out in some real fowlers weather and enjoying the sights...and the spoils

This is real fowling weather , but due to cold weather bans we will never shoot duck again in these conditions , not that I would want to but that was the type of weather we would dream about .

SAM-8659.jpg

41 minutes ago, marsh man said:

This is real fowling weather , but due to cold weather bans we will never shoot duck again in these conditions , not that I would want to but that was the type of weather we would dream about .

SAM-8659.jpg

Was that Yarmouth 63 ? .. I was thinking more of a stiff Hebridean breeze like this one in Lewis. TBH I will be glad to see the back of the visitors and the midges. I much prefer some nice clouds a good moon and a seat behind my favourite wall by the splashes

mangersta-croft-wigwams.jpg.f068eb4a9cd8bcc6c02d64dbe8395282.jpg

Edited by islandgun