Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fenland-fowler

Season targets

Recommended Posts

Just to have another safe season, and watch some nice sunrises on the marsh with the dog, and possibly a bit of sport.

Last year finished strangely as a friend and myself found a body out on the marsh, not something i would want to repeat, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to get out on the shore more often to increase my chances of getting a few pinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

As the title says what are everyone’s targets for the season, I would like to get myself a drake teal. 

A cock teal should be pretty easy to get, if you get out on the marsh regularly.

 

I hope to get under the pinks like I have for the past couple of seasons. I would also like to shoot a few more pintail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, motty said:

I would also like to shoot a few more pintail.

What’s one of those lol not seen one on the marsh yet. I will be happy just to see one fly past. 

6 hours ago, Konnie said:

Just to have another safe season, and watch some nice sunrises on the marsh with the dog, and possibly a bit of sport.

Last year finished strangely as a friend and myself found a body out on the marsh, not something i would want to repeat, 

Sorry to hear that must have been tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice sunrise/sunset on the foreshore with my dog and possibly my first graylag (would be a bonus!).

Less than a month to go....:yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one of those strange things, Willett back out there and carry on. 

 

As said your cock teal shouldn't be too difficult just put the time in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

What’s one of those lol not seen one on the marsh yet. I will be happy just to see one fly past. 

Sorry to hear that must have been tough. 

Put the time in and you should get a few. They are very common on The Wash. I shoot several every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, motty said:

Put the time in and you should get a few. They are very common on The Wash. I shoot several every season.

I’ll definitely be putting the time in this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping to get my lad his first goose this year. Last year he came out a few times but was just unlucky,  they either went wide or too high. He really enjoyed the flights but he needs the success this year. 

Hope everyone has a great season 

 

 

Resized_20190603_133301(1).jpg

Resized_20190603_132849.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

As the title says what are everyone’s targets for the season, I would like to get myself a drake teal. 

You are in an area where a drake Teal shouldn't be that difficult , keep an eye on any shallow pools, or dykes that don't freeze up with the first signs of frost, if you try hard enough you will get one , for your first one it will be better if you got it from October onward's when it should be in full plumage .  GOOD LUCK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to keep on getting out on the marsh, plan my holidays better to get out when its more suitable, sneak out in front of motty and shoot all his geese 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

Just to keep on getting out on the marsh, plan my holidays better to get out when its more suitable, sneak out in front of motty and shoot all his geese 😂

Lol or sit behind for the ones he miss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fenland-fowler said:

Lol or sit behind for the ones he miss

If he's missed them, I don't have much chance of hitting them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, widgeon man said:

Think I need another few white front this season! 😊😈

Whitefront now that's something I can only dream of never even heard one let alone see one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Just to keep on getting out on the marsh, plan my holidays better to get out when its more suitable, sneak out in front of motty and shoot all his geese 😂

Still waiting for the report on your promised day out with the Kings Lynn version of ( Pigeon Controller ) on the stubble's before the web feet season starts in just over three weeks time.:hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first season actively duck flighting as joined a small syndicate with 2 nice ponds which attract mallard, teal and wigeon and the odd Canada and greylag .I will be happy just being part of hopefully some decent flights and bagging a few birds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first season, so my main target is to get out on the foreshore and get under some birds, with the golden ticket being a shot at some geese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, marsh man said:

Still waiting for the report on your promised day out with the Kings Lynn version of ( Pigeon Controller ) on the stubble's before the web feet season starts in just over three weeks time.:hmm:

I'm sure once he finds a field of pigeons that are stupid enough for me to be able to shoot, a report will be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, islandgun said:

Getting out in some real fowlers weather and enjoying the sights...and the spoils

This is real fowling weather , but due to cold weather bans we will never shoot duck again in these conditions , not that I would want to but that was the type of weather we would dream about .

SAM-8659.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, marsh man said:

This is real fowling weather , but due to cold weather bans we will never shoot duck again in these conditions , not that I would want to but that was the type of weather we would dream about .

SAM-8659.jpg

Was that Yarmouth 63 ? .. I was thinking more of a stiff Hebridean breeze like this one in Lewis. TBH I will be glad to see the back of the visitors and the midges. I much prefer some nice clouds a good moon and a seat behind my favourite wall by the splashes

mangersta-croft-wigwams.jpg.f068eb4a9cd8bcc6c02d64dbe8395282.jpg

 

 

Edited by islandgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...