Customs discover 60 Sig Sauer P226

old'un

11 minutes ago, old'un said:

Makes you wonder how many illegal guns get through customs, the news is a little sketchy at the minute so no clear indication of who the guns were for? think he will see a long spell behind bars...https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-04/man-charged-after-60-guns-discovered-hidden-in-car/

I hope so, but doubt he will ever serve what we might regard as a sensible length of time.

13 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Doesn't look like a Sig Sauer P226 to me. :hmm:

It's not. The pic says it's "one of the guns recovered". Somewhere else it says that a sig 226 was a converted blank firer and recovered amongst the others. We don't know (as they haven't said) what the other 59 guns are, presumably as they require testing (ballistically and for trace). That takes about 6 weeks on average but you might get lucky and have it done in 2 at a push. 

16 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Doesn't look like a Sig Sauer P226 to me. 

Reminds me of a Tanfoglio type, but anyhow, reminds me of a programme I watched some years ago, when police discovered a few dozen self loading pistols in the frame of a car. It transpired the smugglers had been doing the trips for over a year, and this was the first car of theirs customs had stopped, just by chance. Who knows how many had come through previously to that particular car! 

Just now, Scully said:

Reminds me of a Tanfoglio type, but anyhow, reminds me of a programme I watched some years ago, when police discovered a few dozen self loading pistols in the frame of a car. It transpired the smugglers had been doing the trips for over a year, and this was the first car of theirs customs had stopped, just by chance. Who knows how many had come through previously to that particular car! 

Yes indeed, I doubt they put so many in the first trip.

Probably getting emboldened by not being caught!