Expensive cat.

fatchap

Just got back from looking at my daughters birthday present. A £500 ragdoll kitten. OUCH.!

Outrageously cute though, crystal blue eyes that stay that colour, basically a ball of fluff with legs sticking out.

I told her she can have it along as she calls it either Dave or Kieth and that's NOT optional!!

No idea how the pooch is going to react but he's clipping on a bit now and doesn't really give a toss about anything anymore spends all day sound asleep.

Apparently unlike other cats a ragdoll craves human attention and has pretty much the same affection toward its owner as a dog. 

500 QUID THOUGH!!!!😖

Edited by fatchap

4 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

Why  Dave or Keith?

Years ago my mum adopted a cat that kept visiting her every day it went away each time but always was back in the morning at the back door, it eventually moved in and she called it Dave, I wanted to call it Kieth but she said he looked like a Dave. 

So I've always said if we get a cat at some point thats what it will be called Dave or Kieth.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I just hate cats regardless of how fluffy they are.  Thats the equivalent of a good days shooting.

And so it begins....soon be locked!!

2 hours ago, Hamster said:

That is a bargain if it came with full pedigree papers, prices for most breeds start around £650 ! 

We know the breeder very well so we did get a bargain and yep full papers.

I love Ragdoll cats. They are very affectionate as you say and follow you around. 

My cat is almost a ragdoll in looks and manorism  but not a pedigree just a cross. Follows me everywhere and has cost me £1200 in vet bills but I’d pay it all over again as she’s family and baby sits my kids . She makes sure they safe ( you couldn’t make it up) 

12 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Is that a standard northern way of justifying something?

Not really but gives a marker to compare what parents pay without question.

Fatchap I think you read  walkers post wrong, he is referring the cost to a good days driven game shooting. Not the usual cat thread locking posts.

18 hours ago, fatchap said:

Just got back from looking at my daughters birthday present. A £500 ragdoll kitten. OUCH.!

Outrageously cute though, crystal blue eyes that stay that colour, basically a ball of fluff with legs sticking out.

I told her she can have it along as she calls it either Dave or Kieth and that's NOT optional!!

No idea how the pooch is going to react but he's clipping on a bit now and doesn't really give a toss about anything anymore spends all day sound asleep.

Apparently unlike other cats a ragdoll craves human attention and has pretty much the same affection toward its owner as a dog. 

500 QUID THOUGH!!!!😖

my sister as two ragdolls both males brothers from the same litter, she paid £900 for the pair the breeder they came from told her she couldn't use them to breed so had them both done not sure why this was, they get hair balls quite alot personally i think they take alot of looking after 

18 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

That’s cheap, my sister just bought a Bengal, think it was £1,400 ish and that was spayed before it came. 

If you wanted it not spayed it was £4,000.

Just to put the record straight Ragdoll cats are like staffies, different colours a brindle staffie relatively cheap, whereas a Blue very expensive.

My daughter has bought a "blue mitted" bottom of the range so to speak £600 average price,  Top of the shop is a "Sealpoint" £1000+.

At least, well hopefully, the lab is pedigree really disgusts me so the labracockerjackerpugadors. My foster brother has a cocker poo apparently. He didn't buy it he was given it by his mother in law after it killed all her chickens. It cost £1200! For something that if you knew the dog had gotten to the bitch youd have taken her and had her injected! Its the worst combination of both of the breeds. And the hypoallergenic twaddle they spout about them, he has to have it clipped every 3 weeks or so so it doesn't get chance to moult.