4x4 plus guns ammo stolen

I have just read of a horrific story of a pigeon shooter stopped to survey a field for pigeon  his parner locking  up the 4x4 but left his keys o n the seat, when to his horror saw his vehicle being driven of with ,his gear still inside ..Guns ammo nets etc. Someone had dropped his mate to drive away his 4x4 and gear . He immediatly reported the theft to police and an air and road serch went on . Fortunatly they jumped a set of lights and were caught redhandded with all the tackle inside . The police kept his gear for evidence etc.

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE TO LOOK OVER FEILDS FOR A FEW MINUTES

THIS HAPPENED SO QUICK. A WARNING MUST BE SENT TO ALL SHOOTERS TO BE VERY AWARE THAT VILLANS ARE NOT FAR AWAY

On this occation no harm done.   WE MUST ALL BE AWARE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, OLDSHOOTER said:

I have just read of a horrific story of a pigeon shooter stopped to survey a field for pigeon  his parner locking  up the 4x4 but left his keys o n the seat, when to his horror saw his vehicle being driven of with ,his gear still inside ..Guns ammo nets etc. Someone had dropped his mate to drive away his 4x4 and gear . He immediatly reported the theft to police and an air and road serch went on . Fortunatly they jumped a set of lights and were caught redhandded with all the tackle inside . The police kept his gear for evidence etc.

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE TO LOOK OVER FEILDS FOR A FEW MINUTES

THIS HAPPENED SO QUICK. A WARNING MUST BE SENT TO ALL SHOOTERS TO BE VERY AWARE THAT VILLANS ARE NOT FAR AWAY

On this occation no harm done.   WE MUST ALL BE AWARE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely terrible , reminds me of a story from a few years back :lol:

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/features/stolen-a-days-pigeon-shooting-goes-bad-15379

Edited by Rewulf

44 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I always lock mine whenever I'm away from it, even when getting fuel. Strange though that the vehicle was locked but the keys left on the seat (?)

Yes didnt get that bit myself , had he locked the car and left the window open ? , which would sort of defeat the object

1 hour ago, telf said:

Yes didnt get that bit myself , had he locked the car and left the window open ? , which would sort of defeat the object

He didnt lock the car , the incident the OP is describing is the same one I put the link up for..from 2012..hence the  :lol:

21 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Absolutely terrible , reminds me of a story from a few years back 

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/features/stolen-a-days-pigeon-shooting-goes-bad-15379

That was Pete Theobald and his pal Paul who were lucky to get their guns back although I think that was an opportunist theft of the vehicle not realising that there were guns inside. The Essex police were very understanding.