Trail Cam Advice

guy baxendale

9 minutes ago, Dougy said:

linky

There are loads out there, but be careful you can soon run out of credit or run  up a big bill, specially if the farmer puts his flock of ewes and lambs in the field. 

Once i got over 3000 pictures of sheep. 

Thanks - this will be in a low traffic urban area for security only. 

Have you used the model in your link? - the reviews seem so so...

Edited by guy baxendale

1 minute ago, guy baxendale said:

Thanks - this will be in a low traffic urban area for security only. 

Have you used the model in your link? - the reviews seem so so...

Sorry no, i have no need for that type. There are some very good Wi-Fi security cameras around now that do what you ask. 

13 hours ago, Papercase said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H7D83PZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A23JIRP7GZE9C7&psc=1

I've got one of these (although I killed it last week when the dyke it was in flooded trying to look for mink). Worked a treat and one of the cheapest. 

IMAG0152.JPG

How easy was that on to set up? 

I brought one double that price from amazon and the instructions were beyond even the missus 😂 

Easy peasy mate to be honest! 10 mins of playing with it and your off - you just need to chose whether you want photo or video and how often to take a pic between triggering.

Three switch positions,  off - setup - on.

Takes and SD card and 4 - 8 batteries depending on  how long you need it to chooch for 

A gamekeeper I know has a few of those Skypoint dark link's keeping an eye on idiots vandalising his traps etc on the grouse moor. Sends a video to his phone and he can intercept them on the way off and pass evidence of criminal damage to the plod. Expensive but worth it's weight to them I am sure

3 hours ago, Papercase said:

Easy peasy mate to be honest! 10 mins of playing with it and your off - you just need to chose whether you want photo or video and how often to take a pic between triggering.

Three switch positions,  off - setup - on.

Takes and SD card and 4 - 8 batteries depending on  how long you need it to chooch for 

Am glad you think it’s Skookum. 😊

just set one of those up yesterday at the local DIY syndicate to see precisely how active a local fox den is before the birds go in.

Got mine on Amazon “Prime day” for £22…last of the big spenders, me.  But, as has been stated, won’t do what the OP asked for.  

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Am glad you think it’s Skookum. 😊

just set one of those up yesterday at the local DIY syndicate to see precisely how active a local fox den is before the birds go in.

Got mine on Amazon “Prime day” for £22…last of the big spenders, me.  But, as has been stated, won’t do what the OP asked for.  

Skookum as frig!

You really need to ask yourself what are the pictures for ? 

I doubt they will be going to the next Coutryfile calendar competition, just see whats there and and what time. You can have the all bells and whistles type that send you photos on your mobile if you want. 

3 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I just bought a victure wildlife camera off amazon. Should have been 40 ish quid down to 24.99 with some random 10 quid off voucher that is a check box on the bottom of the description. Cost me 14.99. 

Link mate? Flooded mine and need a replacement

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victure-Wildlife-Activated-Infrared-Waterproof-Camouflage/dp/B07H7D83PZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=victure+wildlife+camera&qid=1565887658&s=gateway&sprefix=victure&sr=8-3

@Papercase Cant see the deal on the one I bought. Might have expired or you might only be able to buy 1 at the deal price, the one I've bought only comes up as being 41 squid. This one is the same but different but with the deal is only 24 grotes. Theres a check box you have to tick and the deal is applied at the checkout.

Seemed like a bargain. Mine arrived yesterday because I went with the free postage. On the face of it it's exactly the same camera as the Chinese ones off ebay but they have all worked well for me the 3 I've had. The only one that wasnt great was the one that emailed the photos to your phone but that was the software not the camera. It's an SD card not a micro SD or TF card so its harder to drop and lose the memory card! If the rain holds off I might set it up tonight and find out where my deer have gone!