Trail Cam Advice

guy baxendale

On 05/08/2019 at 17:49, Papercase said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H7D83PZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A23JIRP7GZE9C7&psc=1

I've got one of these (although I killed it last week when the dyke it was in flooded trying to look for mink). Worked a treat and one of the cheapest. 

IMAG0152.JPG

I have one of these to keep an eye on our Hedgehogs. Great price and does exactly what you want regarding photos, video and audio.

J.

On 05/08/2019 at 17:49, Papercase said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H7D83PZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A23JIRP7GZE9C7&psc=1

I've got one of these (although I killed it last week when the dyke it was in flooded trying to look for mink). Worked a treat and one of the cheapest. 

IMAG0152.JPG

Hi,

How long does the battery last in these and what battery do they take ?

21 hours ago, salop sniper said:

Hi,

How long does the battery last in these and what battery do they take ?

Underwater not very long...

In the dry I've left it for over two weeks with 8x 2600mah NiMh batteries and they've got plenty of life left - even after a few hundred actuation

10 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Thanks much appreciated.

Oh dear, good luck 👍 

At first glance I thought it wasn't that good. But for a total set up of £28 with a 16gb card (bought separately) it's not that bad. Just to used of camera phone quality in 4k uhd 😂

As you can see the time never sets which is a issue. Its probably me not setting it right. I'll look into it. Certainly waterproof as that corner always takes the grunt of it. 

Will I buy another. Yes. When I have a use for it 👍

1566581975798.jpg

1566582150205.jpg

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

At first glance I thought it wasn't that good. But for a total set up of £28 with a 16gb card (bought separately) it's not that bad. Just to used of camera phone quality in 4k uhd 😂

As you can see the time never sets which is a issue. Its probably me not setting it right. I'll look into it. Certainly waterproof as that corner always takes the grunt of it. 

Will I buy another. Yes. When I have a use for it 👍

1566581975798.jpg

1566582150205.jpg

Lovely old job, thanks for that write up, it will be more than up to what I need it for. 

👍 

11 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Couldn't be simpler to set up either. Pop the batterys in, put the sd card in and turn on. That's it. I like simple 😜

Yes me to, the greif I had with the last one was ridiculous. 

Only need it to see if anything is checking out the chickens over night, looks like this will be ideal. 

• 2 weeks later...