Rotary multi tools.

Westley

11 hours ago, Westley said:

Thanks Guys, I just missed out on a Lidl one recently. I was in hospital and sort of forgot about a multi whatsit. The Foredom looks great but is likely to see me out. There looks to be a middle of the road Draper at £30 worth considering.

I've decided that's the basis on which I buy tools now.  Buy once cry once.
As for the Draper, I've never used or owned a Draper power tool that wasn't absolute garbage.  Certainly the oscillating multi tool I bought is an NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) generating machine.

22 hours ago, bigroomboy said:

Foredom (knockoff) everytime if you are serious. So much better than a dremmel and these seem to work fine.

Eleoption Pro FOREDOM S-R Hanging Flexshaft Mill Jewelry Design&Repair Tools 220V 230W 4mm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012723QYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6FisDbMYZVF0K

I have a Foredom S-R chinese copy and its tip top, so much better than a dremel. The foot pedal is a great asset Only gripe is the flexi shaft its not as good as the motor and if you use it at an angle it gets red hot at the motor end and eventually disintegrates into many very fast flying pieces.

So I bought the real Mccoy Foredom one and it hasn't missed a beat yet.

Edited by fatchap

12 hours ago, Westley said:

Great news chaps, I have been offered a used Dremel, with all the bits and some extras, at a good price. I shoot with the guy most weeks, but did not know he had this for sale  !  I thank you all for the advice and taking the trouble to reply.

you are most welcome.........

after all us ole boys have nothin better to do than to draw our pension...take our medication and release our accumulated  knowledge on unsuspecting members

On 08/08/2019 at 09:03, ditchman said:

you are most welcome.........

after all us ole boys have nothin better to do than to draw our pension...take our medication and release our accumulated  knowledge on unsuspecting members

Now I have this Dremel, I could be 'making' my own medication    !    😎