• 1 month later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You really couldn't make it up!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-49647400

How disappointing that standards in public office have dropped so far!

The Labour Party calls for Geoff Boycotts knighthood to be rescinded because of his conviction for hitting his then partner, an accusation he has consistently denied......but the Labour MP for Peterborough, Lisa Forbes defends her predecessor, a convicted criminal and habitual liar? ...........hypocrites comes to mind!

Oh! And Onasanya didn't stand down, she had to be kicked out, by her constituents!

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Hopefully the sentence gets re-assessed and she gets the sentence she deserves. She got off lightly, if it was an ordinary citizen, the book would have been thrown and charges of perjury, would have been brought.

Edited by Newbie to this

15 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Could be seen as her not being able to accept she did wrong, was caught, tried and lost, imprisoned and struck off.

Could be both of those?

11 hours ago, Vince Green said:

You can be sure of that

Not so sure of that, some knowing they are wrong keep banging on hoping to get a lucky break?

• 1 month later...

Well, well, well, she has published a "book" more of a pamphlet demonstrating just how unsuited she was to represent her constituents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51559944

I work with a chap who was horrified that she was even investigated, let alone charged, found guilty and imprisoned.

His reason was that he had needed help, written to her and her assistant had written back!

No help was forthcoming but he supported her because of the reply!

Gordon Bennett!

I should think her little tome will be in the bargain buckets at many independent book sales outlets.

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well, well, well, she has published a "book" more of a pamphlet demonstrating just how unsuited she was to represent her constituents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51559944

I work with a chap who was horrified that she was even investigated, let alone charged, found guilty and imprisoned.

His reason was that he had needed help, written to her and her assistant had written back!

No help was forthcoming but he supported her because of the reply!

Gordon Bennett!

I should think her little tome will be in the bargain buckets at many independent book sales outlets.

Or hanging on a string in an outside toilet somewhere! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...