Fiona Onasanya again!

panoma1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I wonder if a complaint will be made by those affected by her criminal activities that her sentence was far too lenient? And should be reconsidered 🤔

I believe anyone can complain about an unduly lenient sentence. Just need the name of the defendant, the court it was held in, the date of the sentencing and the crime committed.

https://www.gov.uk/ask-crown-court-sentence-review

Just now, vmaxphil said:

And to think this person of outstanding intelligence has a degree, I might have a go at one just to see how easy it is, or second thoughts I'll just buy one of the internet 😉

Ah, but where did she buy it?

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Bizarre behaviour, it calls into doubt her suitability to have ever been a lawyer or a politician.  

Not really I cant think of any other professions that contain so many people like her. These two professions attract them in droves .

2 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Not really I cant think of any other professions that contain so many people like her. These two professions attract them in droves .

Yes but there is a difference between a cunning professional liar and a complete fantasist with so little grip on reality that its actually rather scary. To watch somebody completely self destruct over a speeding ticket is actually quite tragic.

What ever your view of her or her politics this would have been, at worst, a £60 fine and three points on her licence. She may well have got off with a speed awareness course.   

Edited by Vince Green

13 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Yes but there is a difference between a cunning professional liar and a complete fantasist with so little grip on reality that its actually rather scary. To watch somebody completely self destruct over a speeding ticket is actually quite tragic.

What ever your view of her or her politics this would have been, at worst, a £60 fine and three points on her licence. She may well have got off with a speed awareness course.   

Was it delusions of grandeur or just plain arrogance that made her continue down the path of self destruction?  As a lawyer, she should have been aware of the pitfalls of lying! Maybe her next appeal will be that she committed the offences on the grounds of diminished responsibility!  She's half way there anyway, she  is was an MP AND  a lawyer! 

9 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Vince it appears to be a very fine line between successful  lawyer/politician and down right fruitloop!

I think it is either a mental disease or gross stupidity to continue to push your innocence when as you say it could all have been cleared up with the minimum of fuss.

And if you remember her brother Festus maintained his innocence right up until he admitted his guilt! The Russian friend that was originally blamed has still made no comment!

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I think it is either a mental disease or gross stupidity to continue to push your innocence

It can be a cultural thing.  Just as we don't tolerate (what we call) bribery, in some cultures it is the normal way in which business is done, it being considered a commission, or arrangement fee.

In a similar way - our system is founded on an expectation of honesty (especially on oath), but in other cultures, the expectation that a person will say whatever it takes to protect themselves and their own interests is normal..

^^^^^ this!

Along with religious differences these are the main problems with different cultures integrating into this country! Many just don’t!...... Immigrants come to this country and live as if they are still in their own!....

Just as the British did in the days of empire I suppose? :whistling:

21 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

^^^^^ this!

Along with religious differences these are the main problems with different cultures integrating into this country! Many just don’t!...... Immigrants come to this country and live as if they are still in their own!....

Just as the British did in the days of empire I suppose? 

Taking aside the empire argument.  I have certainly seen in my lifetime our country drastically change due to the effect of immigration. I would also say the shift is rapidly approaching the half way point and in the next 20 years it will be more 'theirs' than 'ours'