Weed/Grass killer

steve_b_wales

Its not a one shot process if you want to clear the ground of weeds, spray on a 2-3 weeks plan up to 2 months to clear 90%. You will get the perennials keep coming through, the weeds that have not germinated yet and then the crafty ones that dodge the spray. 

Nice hot days are the best. and avoid any rainy days of course. 

2 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

i have just had deliverd a new 5lt round up cost £47.99 suposed to be strongest on the market it is pro vantage480g/l

You've just paid £20 for the brand name. 

I paid £27 for 5liter of Rosate, the chemical compounds are virtually identical.

3 hours ago, Konnie said:

As above dont think chemical treatments solve all all round up based sprays are contact  kills, if a small weed is under a cold or stone and sprayed it will not die,

yea your right there konnie i use round up in my yard twice a year to keep the weeds down waste off money there use to be a weed killer that you put on early spring before any weeds showed after week weeds started to come up and you would say what aload rubbish ive been had but after a week when they were a inch high the would all die off cant remember the name

If there are any allotment associations / clubs near you, sometimes they sell Glyphosate.  The association up here sells it  in small bottles (500ml) for approx. £4.50 .  Better than buying a large amount if you only need a bit.  A mate of mine told me a method so that you can see if the weedkiller application is/will be successful.  Use some brand? that states that you can see 'results', ie , wilting in 24 hours but mix it with glyphosate, which will kill the roots in 10 to 14 days! 

20 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

If there are any allotment associations / clubs near you, sometimes they sell Glyphosate.  The association up here sells it  in small bottles (500ml) for approx. £4.50 .  Better than buying a large amount if you only need a bit.  A mate of mine told me a method so that you can see if the weedkiller application is/will be successful.  Use some brand? that states that you can see 'results', ie , wilting in 24 hours but mix it with glyphosate, which will kill the roots in 10 to 14 days! 

If you use a 24 hour weed killer then weed killers like roundup will not work as they are slow working and absorb the weed killer through the foliage.

7 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

Nope. That won't work. 

If you want to see where you have applied your spray you can add a dye.