New defender anyone??

team tractor

2 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

On the M54 / A5 near Shrewsbury by any chance? I quite often see it heading towards north wales. 

North Walles is a traditional test route , I was told of a test driver who was on the north Wales test route overnight and had a clicker to record the 500 third to fourth gear shifts . !!!!

I understand the wheelbase will be 90" , 110 and 130 eventually, my main concern is they will be running on air springs as the action of raising and lowering the suspension traps grit between the rubber and causes leaks. The price is another concern against other crew cab vehicles etc.

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how they have the nerve to call it "a defender".........pah

Ditto. It's boxy discovery 5 - nothing I have seen on the specs has made me think otherwise.

I may have thought the last generation of 2013 onwards defenders were perfection but the replacement should never be called a defender. I'm sure it will be a decent SUV as are all JLR vehicles, just won't share anything bar the name.

Kudos to Suzuki for going against the grain and making something people actually want with the new Jimney. If they made a 5 door longer model of those I'd be sold!

Reading a partial review in autocar today, it will be conventionally sprung with air suspension an optional extra. It will be badged up 90, 110 and 130 but these are just numbers and will not correspond to the length of chassis. It will share a common platform with the disco and range rover sport but is being significantly changed and it will be the highest riding model in the jlr line up. The reviewer seemed quite impressed but until its fully unveiled at launch with all specs and prices I'm reserving judgement. 

9 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well spotted, quite normal for new "prototypes" to have jazzy colour schemes to hide the shape.

I thought it was a disco with back door at first . That’s why I looked at it.

the wife took a picture for me :) 

5 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

North Walles is a traditional test route , I was told of a test driver who was on the north Wales test route overnight and had a clicker to record the 500 third to fourth gear shifts . !!!!

I understand the wheelbase will be 90" , 110 and 130 eventually, my main concern is they will be running on air springs as the action of raising and lowering the suspension traps grit between the rubber and causes leaks. The price is another concern against other crew cab vehicles etc.

Seen loads on the m42 in the past travelling to Solihull 

9 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Dang,  it’s got 6in of ground clearance.  

What’s a standard defender tho ? Won’t be long before someone alters it :) 

1 hour ago, Luckyshot said:

We had this at work last week, body is just stuck on sheets and not the exact shape, if you check the reg on askmid it tells you it is the new defender.

I checked and it came back as unknown but on a vehicle site not ask mid as your breaking the law ;) 

Edited by team tractor