Beretta A301 help needed

matgriff

Hi, I posted a few pics of a problem with my Beretta A301 semi-auto a while ago.  It's been sitting in the cabinet for a while, but I've finally pulled it out and taken a better look. I think the problem is that the latch plate is sticking in the "up" position, as the carrier release spring plate can't recess back into the action fully. When I take a closer look, I think the spring (part number 101a in the picture) is broken, and is sticking under the release plate.

I've driven out the small pin under the lever (item 103a) but does anyone know how to remove the lever pivot pin 102a ? ?  does it drive out from the top or from the bottom side ?

Any tips welcome, thanks

Mat

Beretta_latch spring.JPG

Beretta_latch spring2.JPG

Edited by matgriff

Hi Smokersmith, thanks for the info. 103a is a small spring dowel pin, i've tapped that out. I tried to tap out the latch pivot pin from the bottom, ie from the side I just removed pin 103a from and it felt pretty solid, but I may have used too big a drift.. At the top side, the pivot pin sits flush to the action, you can hardly see the head of it.

I think what's happened is that the spring has broken one of the legs off, so when you squeeze in the side button, the back of the latch plate fouls on the spring as it's moved to one side, whereas the spring should sit in the middle and the latch plate presses down on either side. The net result is that the loading slide sticks in the up position, as the spring can't pull it past the slightly protruding latch plate. I've tried to show this in the bottom left corner of my photo above.

Thanks

Mat