Thompson Hawken .50

Thompson Hawken

£280

.50 Rifle Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition bewdley, Worcestershire
Flintlock
P1000165

Description

For sale is a flintlock Thompson/Center Arms .50 calibre Hawken rifle (Sec.1).

This is an $800 US made quality rifle, not to be confused with poorer quality European replicas, these are no longer made and are rare in the UK.

Lovely condition for age; features double set-trigger, brass furniture, adjustable sights and a very fast, reliable lock. 1:48 twist 28 inch barrel, capable of shooting roundball or conical bullet.

Thanks for looking!

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member sterling. Message them here

View the full article

The dogs doo dahs if your into black powder.  Well engineered. I would want to know if it was made pre Smith & Wesson take over of the Thompson/Centre production as quality went a bit wobbly for a while.  I shoot Thompson/Centre rifles and they are well made.  Unfortunately I do not have a use for this one.

On 07/08/2019 at 18:43, Walker570 said:

The dogs doo dahs if your into black powder.  Well engineered. I would want to know if it was made pre Smith & Wesson take over of the Thompson/Centre production as quality went a bit wobbly for a while.  I shoot Thompson/Centre rifles and they are well made.  Unfortunately I do not have a use for this one.

They are certainly the best off-the-shelf black powder reproductions I've come across and I wouldn't part with it if circumstances were different. Smith & Wesson took over Thompson/Center in 2007 and this rifle was made a good while before that. The Thompson factory went up in flames, taking the tooling and records of serial numbers with it, so unfortunately if you didn't date your rifle before that, you're left with just guessing.