101 everytime shooting

Davetyler

Only ever phoned 101 once and that was for a silly **** of a woman walked round the field with her dug to ask what we were shooting ,after unloading the guns i told her pigeons ,she looked at the decoys and rotary and started calling  us effin  baskets enticing them in so we could shoot them so after 10 mins of this  i phoned 101 and got glasgow  call   centre (i was shooting in edinburgh outskirts ) i told them of the stramash just in case  said lady phoned  to say we were  a threat to her safety or such drivel ,anyway took our details  and said he would pass them on to edinburgh polis  and they would contact me , that was 2 months ago ,still waiting. Wonder what would the response would have been if she had phoned.

We need to do 101 regurally as requested by 3 different farmers.

we shoot in Ayrshire,Renfrewshire and Lanarkshire and although having phoned 101 still get a visit from plod after some local reports the terrorists in the barley.

Last year I was shooting on my own near Glasgow. had phoned 101.  mobby rings, hello Police Scotland we have a firearms incident are you still shooting, yes, could you fire 2 shoots in the air so that my officers in patrol car can decide if its you or someone else. Me, im in farmers field shooting pigeons. Plod ,please fire gun, ok bang bang, did they hear that, no, me where are they, plod xxx , me that's 8 mls away, Plod where are you. Me ***.

I directed them to me and shot again. No they cant hear you. shoot again, no tell them to come to xxx  f actory and get out of car. Two shots later 2 plods heard me.

No its not you we are after, I said I knew that bye bye.

20 mins later same conversation with another plod. I said you want me come n get me. Phone switched off back to pigeons.

You could not make it up.

2 minutes ago, tignme said:

We need to do 101 regurally as requested by 3 different farmers.

we shoot in Ayrshire,Renfrewshire and Lanarkshire and although having phoned 101 still get a visit from plod after some local reports the terrorists in the barley.

Last year I was shooting on my own near Glasgow. had phoned 101.  mobby rings, hello Police Scotland we have a firearms incident are you still shooting, yes, could you fire 2 shoots in the air so that my officers in patrol car can decide if its you or someone else. Me, im in farmers field shooting pigeons. Plod ,please fire gun, ok bang bang, did they hear that, no, me where are they, plod xxx , me that's 8 mls away, Plod where are you. Me ***.

I directed them to me and shot again. No they cant hear you. shoot again, no tell them to come to xxx  f actory and get out of car. Two shots later 2 plods heard me.

No its not you we are after, I said I knew that bye bye.

20 mins later same conversation with another plod. I said you want me come n get me. Phone switched off back to pigeons.

You could not make it up.

Gordon Bennett!

I think it's common sense if you're in a specific situation where a member of public might call police to maybe pre warn them. 

It might help a control room inspector make the right call. 

Situation, something like dealing with an urban fox in a back garden. A phonecall with location and times ect that can go on record might not hurt. 

Then when a phonecall comes in about a sniper shooting at people from a top bedroom window, a guvnor in a control room has a bit more information with which to base a decision. 

The response may well be a little more low key if you'd called in. 

It's not some clandestine operation to track you're every move, information is all those in charge of deployments have to go on, why not help that process? 

But no, she's ultimately wrong it's not a requirement. 

I think guys i will bin the idea off and make them walk the 300 yards i have to with all my pigeon gear then see if it makes a difference if i did phone 101 or not as i think it is right in a way that we should at least see the odd plod now and then even if it just to stop people who dont have permission going on our land again its down to the individual officer if they can be bothered