More Nonsense

jpigeon3

It looks like BASC et all need to have a few words in Professor Peter Squires shell like as this smacks of class war by our extreme left wing "friends" again.

I'm with Scully on this one.

University of Brighton says it all   -  left wing snowflake central.

Edited by Yellow Bear

Professor Peter Squires, of Brighton University, said: “Shooting is an elite sport with the trappings of social climbing as bankers, sports and rock stars blast small birds.

Now this is just a joke, I work in education maybe I should email this well paid elite to put him back in his box. Peoples perception of gun owners is so far removed... 

Yes that Peter Squires quote appears to be doing the rounds.  He's the auther of this paper, to which sadly I don't have access.

https://research.brighton.ac.uk/en/publications/semi-automatics-for-the-people-the-marketing-of-a-new-kind-of-man

Semi-automatics for the people eh?  He should visit Switzerland if he wants to see that :p

I think it's true , if anyone saw me stalking rabbits , wearing my home made camo jacket with holes in , my faded camo joggers with holes in ,and my camo bonnie hat with holes in, and my unshaven for three weeks face , they would say , yes sir , that sure is one very high class elite binman 👍.

16 hours ago, islandgun said:

Sun and star newspapers ....😂  

Unfortunately not just the Sun and Star - The whole article was in the Times on Thursday.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gun-owners-exploit-sport-to-win-licence-hwjk0rkrs

Peter Squires is one of the driving force behind "The gun control network" a group of about half a dozen people (yes really) who seem to have the same weight placed on their opinion as on our national associations - The GNC are often asked to give "evidence" to various government committees etc.

Peter Squires is also listed as an advisor to NABIS, the national ballistics intelligence service. Peter Squires is not your friend.  

28 minutes ago, 1066 said:

Unfortunately not just the Sun and Star - The whole article was in the Times on Thursday.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gun-owners-exploit-sport-to-win-licence-hwjk0rkrs

Peter Squires is one of the driving force behind "The gun control network" a group of about half a dozen people (yes really) who seem to have the same weight placed on their opinion as on our national associations - The GNC are often asked to give "evidence" to various government committees etc.

Peter Squires is also listed as an advisor to NABIS, the national ballistics intelligence service. Peter Squires is not your friend.  

cheers.. reading the last couple of paragraphs , Bill Harriman put the argument well..

I notice he says that people are obtaining certificates for reasons other than legal sporting activities. But gives no figures of how many are used for illegal purposes. And in Manchester I take it they have the national average of four per certificate holder but an extra one for the illegal criminal acts. Typical gutter press desperate to make sales by any means.. 

Edited by bostonmick