Semi auto bolt release button sticking

Croohur

Just wondered if anyone has ever had an issue with the bolt release button on a gas operated semi auto when the bolt is in the locked position when empty. The bolt release button (this is a Yildiz A71) occasionally seems to stick, it cant be pushed down to release the bolt unless you pull the bolt charging handle back a half inch then press the button. The bolt will then slide forward as normal. I have given it a clean and an oil when the barrel was off and the bolt was out, but havent gotten inside to have a proper look.

The picture below shows where the sometimes frozen button is, the arrow is supposed to signify where I have to pull the charging handle back the half inch so the button then becomes unfrozen and can be pushed into trelease the bolt.

InkedMC8112-4_LI.jpg

Edited by Croohur

It looks like there are 2 pins holding in the trigger mechanism, it should be a simple job to remove the trigger mechanism and see what is happening inside the action. If you are in any doubt, give the ex Importers a call at Entwistle's in Preston. I think they are still open, but not for much longer.

hello, looking on different web sites here and USA,  shotgunworld.com some do have this problem , one fix was to fit an extended carrier or lighter spring, if that was me i would take back to RFD and send to importer in Hampshire  and let them sort it ( 01635 253344 ), if it is still in warranty you might think to change to a different brand like an Armsan

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, looking on different web sites here and USA,  shotgunworld.com some do have this problem , one fix was to fit an extended carrier or lighter spring, if that was me i would take back to RFD and send to importer in Hampshire  and let them sort it ( 01635 253344 ), if it is still in warranty you might think to change to a different brand like an Armsan

No, no longer in warranty, I did see that about the shortening the spring and thats a possibility. I didnt understand why an extended carrier would have an effect on the bolt release button, do you know why that would have an effect? This would increase the leverage when the button is pushed????

This is what they recommended to use, longer, so some wood had to be removed from the fore-end for it to sit in snug

Edited by Croohur

4 minutes ago, Croohur said:

No, no longer in warranty, I did see that about the shortening the spring and thats a possibility. I didnt understand why an extended carrier would have an effect on the bolt release button, do you know why that would have an effect?

This is what they recommended to use, longer, so some wood had to be removed from the fore-end for it to sit in snug

hello, thats a shame, if your going to keep it i am sure something can be done, sorry no i only did a search to see what can be done, those in the USA seem to sort out the problem, i would give the importers a call, seem very helpful when i wanted some advice on a Yildiz O/U, cheers

Interestingly, my sticky buttoned Fabarm has been sat in my cabinet for a few weeks without its fore end on and having put it together again and tried it out today its now as easy to operate as any other of my semis. Initial thought is without the fore end, and the cap, the spring has sat without pressure on it for what is likely a very long time for an old gun.

Not proclaiming a fix, just confused as to the change. Does this make sense to anyone? Or shall I lay out an offering for the semi-auto fairy?