Top tips

AYA117

😁😁

If you have sat in the hide for a long time and not seen any pigeons, here are 3 sure fire ways to see some

1 Stand up and stretch your legs

2 Roll a cigarette, if you do not smoke consider rolling one anyway and as you look up you will see a pigeon just about to be out of range.

3 Use your phone, texting works quite well but making or receiving call works very well.

I hope these tips are of use to others and please add to the list.

8 minutes ago, marsh man said:

My one which is tried and tested over many years is   , get the flask out , pour a coffee and you can bet a pound to a penny a pigeon will hover over the decoys while the cup is going towards your mouth .

That's the fishermans curse too! Cup between your legs pouring coffee and after hours of no action.....you get a bite! Result....hot coffee all over your lap! And you miss the ******* bite anyway! Lol!

I don't know how many times when things have come to a standstill that I have said to myself , I will give it another 10 minutes and in that time a pigeon creates another shot and then a half an hour later since the last shot you again say , give it another 10 mins and the same thing happens again , :hmm:

At one time when I smoked I would always have one more fag and then I would pack up , now I have my little radio on a Saturday and during the football season I often pack up when the whistle is blown for full time .

8 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I don't know how many times when things have come to a standstill that I have said to myself , I will give it another 10 minutes and in that time a pigeon creates another shot and then a half an hour later since the last shot you again say , give it another 10 mins and the same thing happens again , 

At one time when I smoked I would always have one more fag and then I would pack up , now I have my little radio on a Saturday and during the football season I often pack up when the whistle is blown for full time .

This season may be difficult listening for you MM after last night’s result. You may have to switch to Radio 4.

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

go for a wee..................works every time...........and yes ....i have shot a pigeon with the old man hangin out...

Next you will be telling us you shot a pigeon while having a number 2 and the bomb doors were just about to open.

24 minutes ago, old'un said:

go on then..:yahoo:

well i was out duck flighting with a farmer frien of mine from easton college......and we was after teal  amd on the edge of a deeeep steep ditch.....so he turned to me and said "im desperate to curl one out".....

well in exhasperation i told him to walk down the edge of the dyke drop his kecks and do one down the dyke edge...oh...and i told him to take his gun with him.....welll.................

he apparantly did a quite a "liquid" No2...and squirted down the edge...and just as he was finishing off (getting the last bit of air out)...some teal come in...and he raised his gun and fired from a squatting position.......the recoil knocked him back down the edge of the dyke where he duly covered himself in lukewarm excrement....and when i say covered...he was covered.............

christ he stunk to hight heavan .......even his dog wouldnt go near him and slunked off with its tail twixt its legs.............

true story that...happen around 1972 ish

2 hours ago, JDog said:

This season may be difficult listening for you MM after last night’s result. You may have to switch to Radio 4.

That was a game of two halves , if they had played the second half first , they would have gone in at half time a goal in front , not many teams would do that at Liverpool , as it was they didn't so it's another bit of useless information .:yes:

I am not sure weather we have got anywhere high enough in our county for a aerial for Radio 4 , :hmm: