Extinction rebellion and vegans hold hands

islandgun

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only a matter of time. It is the new religion, and naysayers will not be tolerated, nor freedom of choice.

Mark Avery lost patience with me recently when I wouldn’t accept that the consuming of lead shot game is dangerous to ones health, and he wouldn’t accept that the freedom to choose was acceptable given its toxicity, even when I pointed out to him that lead shot game is eaten in restaurants the world over.

They are intolerant of anyone else’s choices, opinions and ideas if not compatible with their own. 

We’re up against it now. 

12 hours ago, Scully said:

It was only a matter of time. It is the new religion, and naysayers will not be tolerated, nor freedom of choice.

Mark Avery lost patience with me recently when I wouldn’t accept that the consuming of lead shot game is dangerous to ones health, and he wouldn’t accept that the freedom to choose was acceptable given its toxicity, even when I pointed out to him that lead shot game is eaten in restaurants the world over.

They are intolerant of anyone else’s choices, opinions and ideas if not compatible with their own. 

We’re up against it now. 

It is indeed the new religion, Save the world. kill all farm animals. eat soy.. " no wait dont mention soy "  Averys agenda is self promotion, a deeply unpleasant person that admitted to me on his blog that he only eats a little chicken nowadays, [along with all the other meat ]   i wonder how that will sit with his sponsors

Edited by islandgun

7 hours ago, Scully said:

We’re up against it now. 

many years ago people clung to religion in tough times , now non religious types cling to a cause and want to convert everyone  same as some religious sects ,     worrying times    (given extremists are kicking off all over the world)  extremists will not listen to fact or reason ,  but will fight to eliminate twenty  species to save one,  common sense or an enquiring mind does not prevail in modern times , I worry as the future of our country as  is in their hands . did their parents not teach them to think ??? for themselves    or is social media leading the fools 

Edited by Saltings

7 hours ago, Saltings said:

many years ago people clung to religion in tough times , now non religious types cling to a cause and want to convert everyone  same as some religious sects ,     worrying times    (given extremists are kicking off all over the world)  extremists will not listen to fact or reason ,  but will fight to eliminate twenty  species to save one,  common sense or an enquiring mind does not prevail in modern times , I worry as the future of our country as  is in their hands . did their parents not teach them to think ??? for themselves    or is social media leading the fools 

Social media is leading fools, [go on the avery blog and see the hatred] In the past people had to phone or even write to each other to organise a demo. Sadly we live in a time when to be seen as "right on" is more important than reality. where those with an agenda can be crowd funded to change laws they dont like or to enrich their own purse. gullible lead by the nose to accept dubious facts.. Normally I dont give a ++++ but some of the self styled leaders ideas will have very damaging consequences for the countryside and rural life in this country and globally.

The counter argument is out there. look at the carbon sink of grazed pasture, the potential for wild fires on un-managed moorland. The inputs [and potential runoff]  needed to grow vegetables.  Pollution from air freight to import the vegans foods and the rainforest cut down to grow them. etc etc. Its a very long list, but no one publishes it or gives it air time..

On 11/08/2019 at 07:51, vmaxphil said:

For extinction rebellion to be bed fellows with some of the animal rights group's could be their downfall as some of the activists are not known for their peaceful demonstrations and I can see the militant's joining in uninvited 

All one in the same and natural bed fellows.

On 11/08/2019 at 07:51, vmaxphil said:

For extinction rebellion to be bed fellows with some of the animal rights group's could be their downfall as some of the activists are not known for their peaceful demonstrations and I can see the militant's joining in uninvited 

https://www.rt.com/news/466285-greta-thunberg-germany-left-extremists/

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I know what you mean !

Probably an arrestable offence in this country though, maybe if they were in Swedish ....? 😂

Greta Thunberg will be the first recipient of the Game Changer of the Year award, which was created especially for her

I see the little dear is dressed from head to toe in cotton.. A hugely polluting unsustainable crop which incidentally is the favoured cloth of vegans.. but hey it isnt made from a bye product of sheep

https://www.worldwildlife.org/industries/cotton

Edited by islandgun

14 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I see the little dear is dressed from head to toe in cotton.. A hugely polluting unsustainable crop which incidentally is the favoured cloth of vegans.. but hey it isnt made from a bye product of sheep

The little troll dear is also dressed in masculine clothes, and fronts a mens magazine, probably winning some award for being a 'right on' environmental campaigner, with veggie/vegan credentials, and  a LGBTQ+ twist ?
All bases except race covered, (some icky pop song with a POC artist will sort that) wait out for that in the future, then all audiences will simply HAVE to listen to her condescending admonishments.

Every one is entitled to their opinions, but Ms Thunberg wants you to feel guilty for just being alive.

These so call peaceful protests are far from peaceful, invading someone's place of work and home. The recent incident of a group invading a pig farm causing untold stress on the animals but they had little regard for that. 

Where will they stop, just target the big farms or go after the small producers? It something that does concern me as my other half is trying to continue to grow her goat business and I don't fancy being under attack because of it. With the police just happy to let them invade your farm, what are you supposed to do? A big dog is all well and good, but when a hundred protesters turn up, you're stuffed! 

I'm sure one will soon jump in a pen with a big dairy bull and end up flat packed but it'll be the farmer in trouble, not the protestors dressed in black wearing balaclavas

up until 30 or 40 years ago all farms were mixed farms a bit of everything you had a continuous income through out the year , things changed  when supermarkets got buying power so go big or go home , so most concentrated on arable or livestock depending on the environment since then the need for more food has meant gm foods for higher yield , rare breeds are just that because they did not produce or yield a high quality product , since foot and mouth a lot of farmers did not go back to livestock farming,   this issue is driven by the demand for food by a growing population  now sourcing different foods cheaper from all over the world  other than the home markets  in the last 100yrs the farming areas has reduced drastically to the urban sprawl  / more gas, more electricity , cars ,personal entertainment devices ,to name a few / way too much food waste at home as well as eating out going to landfill , just look in a Mc D carpark , food thrown out of windows too lazy to use the bins ( farming is not the problem )  all of the activist do not realise that they are also part of the problem causing disruption to industry /lives,  none of them look malnourished and have traveled to said protest by car train buss plane ,   am I missing something 

Edited by Saltings

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

up until 30 or 40 years ago all farms were mixed farms a bit of everything you had a continuous income through out the year , things changed  when supermarkets got buying power so go big or go home , so most concentrated on arable or livestock depending on the environment since then the need for more food has meant gm foods for higher yield , rare breeds are just that because they did not produce or yield a high quality product , since foot and mouth a lot of farmers did not go back to livestock farming,   this issue is driven by the demand for food by a growing population  now sourcing different foods cheaper from all over the world  other than the home markets  in the last 100yrs the farming areas has reduced drastically to the urban sprawl  / more gas, more electricity , cars ,personal entertainment devices ,to name a few / way too much food waste at home as well as eating out going to landfill , just look in a Mc D carpark , food thrown out of windows too lazy to use the bins ( farming is not the problem )  all of the activist do not realise that they are also part of the problem causing disruption to industry /lives,  none of them look malnourished and have traveled to said protest by car train buss plane ,   am I missing something 

You're not missing anything John, you're bang on the money! 

Whilst doing some searching about these climate change activists, I noticed that the school girl who is heading up a load of these protests, has been travel round the world! And then on her page, she specifically mentions in the about me section, that she suffers from the same "condition" as Chris Packham, basically meaning we can't say anything as like him, she'll use it as an excuse and then we're all bad people....

You missed buffet style restaurants, prepackaged meals and possibly the elephant in the room reared game birds among others, and to all of these things there is no simple answer.

BTW love to hear people use a sixties term..."right on" man, how about dragging back far out too🤣

20 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The little troll dear is also dressed in masculine clothes, and fronts a mens magazine, probably winning some award for being a 'right on' environmental campaigner, with veggie/vegan credentials, and  a LGBTQ+ twist ?
All bases except race covered, (some icky pop song with a POC artist will sort that) wait out for that in the future, then all audiences will simply HAVE to listen to her condescending admonishments.

Every one is entitled to their opinions, but Ms Thunberg wants you to feel guilty for just being alive.

Does she not also tick the disabled box too?

11 minutes ago, henry d said:

You missed buffet style restaurants, prepackaged meals and possibly the elephant in the room reared game birds among others, and to all of these things there is no simple answer.

BTW love to hear people use a sixties term..."right on" man, how about dragging back far out too🤣

Cool ........................as spoken by most teenagers today

8 hours ago, Saltings said:

Exactly.. A good mixed farm as opposed to mono cropping plants to force feed humanity,, My wife does a lot of baking. she pointed out that a lot of vegan food contains Palm oil and Soy.! . I would also like to know what was on the menu for the UN summit..