Extinction rebellion and vegans hold hands

islandgun

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I'm not interested in reading statistics, they are often skewed to show what the statisticians or their masters want them to show! Common sense tells me, people in communities who are prevented in law or don't believe in abortion and/or don't use contraception have more babies than those that can/do!.....or do you want to dispute that too?

No I am sure that your lack of trust in statistics and common sense is totally correct and that you are not a conspiracy theorist with blinkers on.

3 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

What I'd really like to know is....how do you / 'they' weigh carbon dioxide?  

Weight a container without anything in it, place gas in and weight again, the difference is the weight of gas

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

No I am sure that your lack of trust in statistics and common sense is totally correct and that you are not a conspiracy theorist with blinkers on.

Thank you for conceding my common sense conclusions are totally correct. I'm equally sure that when you mention a conspiracy theorist, you are not referring to me, or anyone else who claims statistics can be interpreted to suit an agenda? As we all know they can!

"Blinkers on"..........We both know that description can only be directed towards someone who disputes something, insists they are right, but refuses (or is unable) to explain why!.....but I'm sure that doesn't apply to either of us!

No I am taking the P out of you as you well know. Take for example "As we all know they can!" Is an assumption that tries to devalue actual empirical evidence and indicates a blinkered view, give me your empirical evidence and I will examine it in the same way as you have and then we are still at an impasse. Common sense is not that common; as the saying goes.

And I was returning the favour..."as you well know" too! Lol!

So you are again claiming statistics are not skewed to say what the statisticians and their masters want them to say, I think you are the blinkered one! One thing we can agree on is common sense is not that common.......for those that appear to have none!

Edited by panoma1

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:43, henry d said:

Rubbish, most immigrants/migrants will adapt to the country's birth rate within a generation or two. That's not a personal observation.

a bit too late in the long term human is the only species that will breed when / while  starving  (fact)

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:26, henry d said:

If you had read the page I linked to then you would not have written the above.

not everything on google is fact  try reading more than the first line on the first page maybe read multiple pages can provide conflicting information where common sense prevails looking through your previous posts on numerous topics why are you so nasty , most guys on here are a helpful bunch whom like a lively informative debate without being put down , might I suggest you debate a bit more rather than a  one line quip     (I really struggle with reading and righting  not stupid  just struggle ) there are some  really good all round really  helpful guys on this site  first class if put down them down all the time is now longer a healthy debate  (just my opinion thank god for spellcheck )   

Edited by Saltings

On 17/08/2019 at 08:39, henry d said:

In simple terms; No, you choose to go to a vegetarian restaurant and ask for meat, would you go to the greengrocer and demand a pork chop?

How's the head this morning?

my head is always fine may struggle to sleep more than two hrs at a time sometimes fours hrs   but never six hrs rest , ok  because I cant sleep does noes not make me ******  fibromyalgia and chemo treatment has ****ed my nervous system up which causes me  muscle spasms  nerve damage (cannot sleep and get frustrated) hence late night posts  (forgive me if you think I am ******) 

18 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Well Roger me gently , get stoned and save the planet 😅😅😅😅😅.

Proof if ever it was needed , that they really are a complete bunch of nutters 😅😅😅.

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

So dear old Reg thinks it's OK for the royal freeloaders to fly all over Europe in his private jet, because he donated money equal to the carbon footprint they left to eco projects? Eco warriors like extinction rebellion bang on about air travel polluting the world.......but he seems to believe it's OK for him and his royal mates, because he is rich and can chuck a load of money in the eco pot to pay for it! Seriously? 

More "do as we say, not do as we do"! ******* hypocrites

On 18/08/2019 at 19:37, henry d said:

Weight a container without anything in it, place gas in and weight again, the difference is the weight of gas

that can be skewed by bouancy

Just measure the volume and pressure output  and multiply by the density - Simples

On 11/08/2019 at 07:03, islandgun said:

Social media is leading fools, [go on the avery blog and see the hatred] In the past people had to phone or even write to each other to organise a demo. Sadly we live in a time when to be seen as "right on" is more important than reality. where those with an agenda can be crowd funded to change laws they dont like or to enrich their own purse. gullible lead by the nose to accept dubious facts.. Normally I dont give a ++++ but some of the self styled leaders ideas will have very damaging consequences for the countryside and rural life in this country and globally.

The counter argument is out there. look at the carbon sink of grazed pasture, the potential for wild fires on un-managed moorland. The inputs [and potential runoff]  needed to grow vegetables.  Pollution from air freight to import the vegans foods and the rainforest cut down to grow them. etc etc. Its a very long list, but no one publishes it or gives it air time..

Well said.

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2019 at 12:56, Scully said:

Then it’s up to all those who like beef,  to demand they put it back on, surely. 

There seems to be a growing trend to allow agenda driven PC dictate what we do. What about freedom of choice? Once we allow that to go we’re on a very slippery slope. 

Better that everyone who enjoys meat totally boycott the uni restaurant so they spend all day cooking and no one buys it. 

Hit them in their pockets.