Muppet knowledge

Dougy

Just popped into the local after retrieving a few trial cameras, i rang the keeper and planned meet in there and have a chat regarding some Muntjac, i only have a pint and a bag of cheese and onion, so im not on the lash. 

There was a conversation going on at the bar about skinning rabbits, i joked about shooting them with a decent caliber and not needing to skin them.  Oh Dear ! i had started something !!!

One of the chaps, a regular (and we usually end up taking shooting over a pint) mentioned about "the sniper" being me, taking long shots (anything over 100 yards to him is a long shot) on all sorts of quarry,Fox;s rabbits and cow patts.

Anyway the other chap asks what i shoot, 

Oh just 17 and 22 cf and stuff i replied. 

That was it here we go.  LOL

This chap shoots his HMR out to 300 yards on rabbits and quite regularly at 500 on rabbits hitting 9 out of 10. I thought "here we go" after 20 minutes of this chap telling me bout his 17 shooting 40 grain bullets and gun powder and twist rates and all the other brown stuff. What is it with these sorts of people ??? (rhetorical question) But i do actually, and im being totally honest here,find it amusing,.

i decided to go outside for some fresher air. The Prize numpty had absolutely no idea what he was on about. 

I know a bit about a few things, but do not have encyclopaedic knowledge of anything, however, once individuals of a Walter Mitty/Billy Liar type reveals themselves to be a bull ******* I don't bother getting into conversation with them again!.......It's pointless!...........I find it quite insulting.........what surprises me is they must know they are talking rubbish, and they must know I know they are talkin rubbish, but they show no embarrassment! :no:

23 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Only hitting 9 out of 10 at 500 is very poor shooting in my book, I regularly shoot rats at 1000 and always hit 100% of the time.

I hope them rats where head shots at just 1000 yards?

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Just popped into the local after retrieving a few trial cameras, i rang the keeper and planned meet in there and have a chat regarding some Muntjac, i only have a pint and a bag of cheese and onion, so im not on the lash. 

There was a conversation going on at the bar about skinning rabbits, i joked about shooting them with a decent caliber and not needing to skin them.  Oh Dear ! i had started something !!!

One of the chaps, a regular (and we usually end up taking shooting over a pint) mentioned about "the sniper" being me, taking long shots (anything over 100 yards to him is a long shot) on all sorts of quarry,Fox;s rabbits and cow patts.

Anyway the other chap asks what i shoot, 

Oh just 17 and 22 cf and stuff i replied. 

That was it here we go.  LOL

This chap shoots his HMR out to 300 yards on rabbits and quite regularly at 500 on rabbits hitting 9 out of 10. I thought "here we go" after 20 minutes of this chap telling me bout his 17 shooting 40 grain bullets and gun powder and twist rates and all the other brown stuff. What is it with these sorts of people  (rhetorical question) But i do actually, and im being totally honest here,find it amusing,.

i decided to go outside for some fresher air. The Prize numpty had absolutely no idea what he was on about. 

I showed a gun round the shoot a few weeks ago he was after a syndicate gun for next season. 

I asked why he was not happy on the shoot he was on is answer was I only shoot game in the head and other guns where nicking is birds to take home. 

So he started putting pink bows on there becks so they wouldn’t take is birds as all the other guns new is birds where just head shots and best for the oven. 

I ask what do you shoot to just hit them in the head the answer 12g 1/4 1/2 choke number 7 shot.

with that I dropped in back at is car and said this shoot is not for you mate.

4 minutes ago, The gouse said:

I hope them rats where head shots at just 1000 yards?

I showed a gun round the shoot a few weeks ago he was after a syndicate gun for next season. 

I asked why he was not happy on the shoot he was on is answer was I only shoot game in the head and other guns where nicking is birds to take home. 

So he started putting pink bows on there becks so they wouldn’t take is birds as all the other guns new is birds where just head shots and best for the oven. 

I ask what do you shoot to just hit them in the head the answer 12g 1/4 1/2 choke number 7 shot.

with that I dropped in back at is car and said this shoot is not for you mate.

One of the best yet.

Apparently he's not welcome on just about every bit of land around my area. LOL

The thing is this guy is around 50+ years old, to hear him talk it was like being on the school playground. 

I had to laugh when he mentioned bout a 40 grain bullet and putting more gun powder in the case to make it go further. 

That was when I decided that i had to walk away due to a possible giggle leakage. 

The other chap that was in the conversation, did happen to comment on my Shooting ability. 😆

Guns you all use guns and at those distances? How very dare you? 

I use a 4 bore peashooter but to get the distance it needs to have a long barrel 18" at least. The other things are choice of scope and carlins. Scope not really necessary below 500 yds, as for carlins whatever Florrie down the shop has got cheap. Scope above 500, any flea bay rubbish will do. 

Now then to improve fire rate stuff yer gob with a good amount, gives the choice of single shot, semi or full auto once you have mastered the tongue technique.

Also very eco friendly as if you miss the bunnies/birds get a feed on the carlins. 

For further information wrt to pea shooter hunting (no license required btw) post card to Dougy's muppet.

Someone asked a question on a Facebook page about what calibre to use for fox shooting with NV either a 22-250 or a 223. I answered 223 as with NV you will very rarely ever need to shoot at long distance. Another chap replies with a video of him shooting a fox at supposedly 400yards with his 223. He aims center of boiler room and the fox goes down. So I reply " how high do you zero your night vision"  he comes back with 1" high at 100 yards.