Over the shoulder

Rst1990

They'll be the future "club coaches" showing everyone else that they know what they're doing by assuming the position. You know the ones, their estimation of the position of your shot in relation to the clay is based on the position of the wad when the assessment was made. 

Edit: Posted assuming you meant while you were shooting.

17 minutes ago, wymberley said:

They'll be the future "club coaches" showing everyone else that they know what they're doing by assuming the position. You know the ones, their estimation of the position of your shot in relation to the clay is based on the position of the wad when the assessment was made. 

Edit: Posted assuming you meant while you were shooting.

Sorry,

yes whilst we was shooting, I normally see the odd person doing it, but every stand we was on someone was trying to get in the cage.

One person got so close i dismounted my gun and asked him “did you just touch my bum” lol his response was an embarrassed “no sorry I’m just looking at the targets” to which I replied “you can always stand to the left, you don’t have to get in the cage”

Just couldn’t believe how many did it.

Don't blame the shooters. It is the responsibility of the organisers to see the layouts are safe and people clambering around a gun about to shoot the stand in my view is not safe.

The organisers need to sort this problem which is very easy. No person other than the trap release man within 5 yards, job done.  Any infringement, "Cheerio, have a nice day."

Unfortunately that is how the country is today, from primary schools upwards. Yobbish behaviour is the nrom.

31 minutes ago, Rst1990 said:

Sorry,

yes whilst we was shooting, I normally see the odd person doing it, but every stand we was on someone was trying to get in the cage.

One person got so close i dismounted my gun and asked him “did you just touch my bum” lol his response was an embarrassed “no sorry I’m just looking at the targets” to which I replied “you can always stand to the left, you don’t have to get in the cage”

Just couldn’t believe how many did it.

It’s not a cage it’s called a stand and if he was touching your bum was he in the stand with you. 

You get them at every shoot dose that make them hit more??

6 minutes ago, The gouse said:

It’s not a cage it’s called a stand and if he was touching your bum was he in the stand with you. 

You get them at every shoot dose that make them hit more??

He wasn’t touching my bum lol it was said for embarrassment on his behalf as he was so close to me.

He wasn’t in the stand with me, he was on the edge outside of the stand.

The stands are less than 1m2 so you can’t get another person in the stand.

I have had this on a number of occasions. As soon as I am aware of it. I take a step backwards then rapidly put the broken gun over my shoulder, making out I am adjusting my glove or clothing etc... Oops sorry thought only one at a time was allowed in the stand. Then hear comments, like serves him right the ******.

If shooting a competition then it is expected for the next shooter in line to stand outside of the cage, but behind the shooter to see where the targets are coming from.

If you are shooting a practice round or just for fun then ask the person behind you not to stand so close if it is getting on your nerves.

20 hours ago, TRINITY said:

I am sure any shooter looking like your avatar would soon gather a large crowd behind them😁

I wish ,but joking aside its absolute pig ignorance standing that close to anyone on the stand . Luckily its never happened to me and hopefully never will.

I have experienced people standing directly at the back of the shooting stand, but I can not say it really bothers me. I am more intent on the target and not what is happening behind me. If you really want to see shooters get upset then go to a Trap shoot, if a cow breaks wind in the next field they are whining to the Ref. and if you really want to pea them off, turn up with an auto.  😎