Recycled catapult

fatchap

Well part of it. 

20190811-190636.jpg

Its got a 10mm Ally core made from 150 melted down drinks cans. 

20190811-190645.jpg

Olive wood and red liners, 

20190811-190721.jpg

20190811-190739.jpg

I have made a few slingshots/catapults and this one put up a fight, its still not finished. still got to make another slot for the bands and clean up the ally a bit more as its a bit scruffy still, Its difficult to do because everytime I use the soap bars it cleans the ally but marks the wood no matter how careful I go.

I couldn't help giving it a tickle with the shellac just to see the grain pop, bit early on in the build but I couldn't resist,

Edited by fatchap

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

that has got to be the "salvidor dali" of all sling shots..:good:

and only used to shoot the finest of milk bottles on the most well heeled doorsteps.......

Thanks Ditchman, not 100% sure who salvador dali is but I'll take it as a complement.:)

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

Try to polish the ally dry, I did on a header tank for son's car. The polish bars were making hard work so I just used a dry cotton wheel. Shine like a mirror.

I'll give it a go. The polishing bars clean and polish the ally lovely but stains the wood black and nothing will remove it apart from re-sanding so cheers for the tip will give it a go.

• 1 month later...

As long as you don’t make the Picasso of slingshots as you would probably shoot yourself in the face!🤪

I do agree with the Salvador Dali comparison though, your slingshot would not look out of place in his work. You are an inspiration to us lesser mortals as are many of the great contributors to these pages

2 hours ago, impala59 said:

I do agree with the Salvador Dali comparison though, your slingshot would not look out of place in his work. You are an inspiration to us lesser mortals as are many of the great contributors to these pages

Thats very kind of you. appreciate the compliment.