Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jacko3275

Well I did it

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, motty said:

If you feel your skills are lacking, my advice is to do some serious work on the skeet range. It is the ideal discipline to learn to tackle decoying pigeons. Get good at skeet and should be able to manage decoying pigeons well enough.

Best bit of advice ive heard/read on PW...........

skeet makes you move proper and learn to swing and pull thro :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2019 at 23:24, Ultrastu said:

I takes time .

The real key to this pigeon shooting thing is only shooting at the birds that are in range and you have a decent chance of hitting .

If you stab at the long /really hard shots your just gonna frustrate your self and educate more birds .

Its one of the reasons i think i shoot better with my single .410 than my 20bs .its because i wait till the birds are definately  in range and are hitable .

And suprise i hit them (kill em) 

Glad u enjoyed it , and keep at it .

This.  

Sounds like you had a good session for a first crack.

15 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Best bit of advice ive heard/read on PW...........

skeet makes you move proper and learn to swing and pull thro :good:

Yep 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say your posts are a great read for somebody like myself trying to get out there. Planning on joining NPPC myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

Got to say your posts are a great read for somebody like myself trying to get out there. Planning on joining NPPC myself.

Thanks... I think it’s worth joining it helps you get some experience And the last field I was at I had a nice chat with the farmer Which gets your face known

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Thanks... I think it’s worth joining it helps you get some experience And the last field I was at I had a nice chat with the farmer Which gets your face known

Cheers, I’m around the north Lincolnshire area and from what I’ve read there sounds to be quite a lot of land available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Cheers, I’m around the north Lincolnshire area and from what I’ve read there sounds to be quite a lot of land available.

There’s half dozen the south side of the m180

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

There’s half dozen the south side of the m180

Smashing, thanks for the info. Try get some experience then get out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...