Loch Lomond shooting/ gunshops

tweedledee

Continental Shooting Supplies in Dalry has a great clay ground and a very well stocked competitively priced shop. Thats maybe an hours drive or less from Lomond. Possibly shut on a Tuesday. Well worth a visit.

Also Graham McKinlay of Glasgow Gun Makers, Strathleven House is a mine of information on guns. Not a shop as such selling accessories etc, but a lot of interesting and good quality guns. More of a gunsmith. Check website for times. Thats reasonably close to Lomond. 

Few shops in Glasgow such as Tackle and Guns in Pollokshaws, Glasgow Angling and Field Sports etc

Could be wrong but nearest place for clays may be at Shandon near Helensburgh but I've never been before. 

Continental Shooting Supplies is definitely your best bet if the drive isnt too far.

Tweedledee, I will echo stuartys suggestions and throw in if you are going to north Ayrshire for clays if you want company text me beforehand and can meetup.

They are open 6 days closed Tuesdays.

Good shop with skeet,dtl,ot,compact and 14 stands of English sporting. my local. Practice clays 20 pence each.

Maybe even have a go at my pigeons depending when you are here.

Im expat Norn Iron.

Text me on07746553744

Barry

55 minutes ago, tignme said:

Tweedledee, I will echo stuartys suggestions and throw in if you are going to north Ayrshire for clays if you want company text me beforehand and can meetup.

They are open 6 days closed Tuesdays.

Good shop with skeet,dtl,ot,compact and 14 stands of English sporting. my local. Practice clays 20 pence each.

Maybe even have a go at my pigeons depending when you are here.

Im expat Norn Iron.

Text me on07746553744

Barry

Great offer, and it is a lovely ground . A bit far for me . But go an odd time .

Tweedledee, Shandon Country Pursuits. tel 01436  820838.  Check it out, as far as im aware they are only doing corporate days.

I shot SCTA reg shoots yrs ago and fun days as well.was a good shoot.

Clay Target Shooting School Renfrewshire not far over the Erskine bridge. they shoot Saturday practise n sunday competition. stands are in the woods and shot from old bus shelters.

Ive shot the SCTa circuit with the 2 guys who run this. Im not overly keen on this because of my hearing probs and acoustics in the bus shelters. Targets too much the sameness. tel 01505  873547.

North Ayrshire Shooting ground. Biggest layout on the west coast. As before my local.  tel 01294833297.