Glorious 12th

ShootingEgg

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

So there has to be a BBC story. This one for a review called for by the Labour Party. Again stating that keepers kill BOP and break the law in other ways

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49315258

Are you surprised - It was totally predictable considering their obvious left wing, pro green, class war, snowflake agenda. 

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Are you surprised - It was totally predictable considering their obvious left wing, pro green, class war, snowflake agenda. 

Not surprised at all, Labour are vote grabbing, they need to get as many on side to look like a party with followers.. 

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

Screenshot_20190811-104645_Twitter.jpg

No one on the anti side will ever believe it.. Sad truth unfortunately, that anti shooters will do anything to discredit us. 

This happens every year at this time we could do with banging the drum for our side before the antis get on the case not reacting to what they put out every year.

But   its up to msm to print/broadcast what they think fit so we are stuffed unless we can get our side to think of a way to involve joe and jane public cos preaching to the converted in magazines etc is a waste of  money   . must be some money to Pay for adverts on the telly , could be a start or like a party political broadcast  .Anyway just my daft thinking

Yep, daft's a brush.

Didn't get an answer here:

https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/390575-legal-challenge-to-releasing-game-birds-merged-threads/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-3578726

But found all the info' here:

https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/114543-basc/page/3/#comments

Can't help but wonder if there's anything left kicking about from either of the above two. Obviously joking about the brush - it's only a waste of time if any funds collected are not used for their intended purposes. Also, it shouldn't just be down to the membership of the various associations to fork out. I'll warrant that there's more shooters than there is total membership of said organisations. Although the analogy is flawed in as much as we know that the dosh isn't spent on the roads, it's kind of like the road tax - put it on the fuel so those on the roads the most, pays the most. I wonder how much of a pot an invitation to the cartridge makers/importers/distributors - with an option to opt out provided they tell us so we can decide whether or not to buy their brands -  to stick just 2p on a box for 12 months purely to generate some funding as Scutt indicated in the event that the coffers from the above links are depleted.

Oh, on second thoughts, daft it could be.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

IF this is true https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7356193/Chris-Packham-wades-glorious-12th-grouse-shooting-row.html

then it is very bad publicity for shooting (who very probably are completely uninvolved).

An absolute disgrace, although it could have been anyone with a grudge, packam must have been rubbing his hands with glee and saving the photo for the twelth,  yet another nail if proven .....or even if not proven.. 

Edited by islandgun

If this is photo is genuine and as it appears? Whoever is responsible, needs catching and prosecuting! The culprit is no friend of shooting!

However there is no evidence to link this with Grouse shooting or shooting in general, the sale of traps is totally unregulated, anyone, including those inexperience in the use of such traps, can purchase any number of them, and set them using a variety of baits, in order to legally control nuisance pests in many situations and locations.........the eagle may have inadvertently got caught in a trap trying to scavenge the bait from a trap set carelessly, aimed at some other target animal? 

How does the likes of Packham and other protectionists, obtain apparantly incriminating photos like this? How are they always there to get such photos? Such events can't be at all common?......the sceptic might question, are they staged?......or suggest, perhaps a trained captive eagle photographed with a dummy trap on its legs?........or perhaps a photoshopped picture?...........Or is it genuine evidence of a real wildlife crime? If the source of the report and photo is independent, I would be more inclined to accept it as the latter........but a photo from those with an "end justifies the means" anti shooting agenda.........nope!

Its just a photo to dupe the mentally challenged into sending more money or lobby another MP. it could have come from anywhere at any time but he is cynically using it to further his anti shooting agenda. it actually shows a lack of respect for the very people [his followers] he relies on to keep him in the limelight  

Edited by islandgun

9 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

It has no fastening ring on the chain, a number of traps have been stolen over the last year by cutting the chain. The hen Harrier a few weeks ago was the same. 

It is also at Balmoral when it just so happens the Royals are in residence all a little bit too convenient! 

What! Surely you don’t think the queen did it?

I would very much like to have a copy of the raw image - when you blow that image up it is difficult to see the main components of a slightly open fenn trap - to me it looks more like a closed fenn trap superimposed - the other day I was asked to take some writing off of an image (with the permission of the owner) - it takes about 15 seconds in photoshop. 

1 hour ago, 243deer said:

I would very much like to have a copy of the raw image - when you blow that image up it is difficult to see the main components of a slightly open fenn trap - to me it looks more like a closed fenn trap superimposed - the other day I was asked to take some writing off of an image (with the permission of the owner) - it takes about 15 seconds in photoshop. 

Anyone with the know how could make the image up. Show us the bird in the trap live video then I'll believe it. I've used photoshop for years and when I was in college many years ago I used to photoshop cars, putting the front of one onto the rear of another, unless you knew it was a photoshop it just looked like a interesting consept, no obvious connecting lines etc. 

Photoahop. Is an anti's dream.. 

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:18, panoma1 said:

If this is photo is genuine and as it appears? Whoever is responsible, needs catching and prosecuting! The culprit is no friend of shooting!

However there is no evidence to link this with Grouse shooting or shooting in general, the sale of traps is totally unregulated, anyone, including those inexperience in the use of such traps, can purchase any number of them, and set them using a variety of baits, in order to legally control nuisance pests in many situations and locations.........the eagle may have inadvertently got caught in a trap trying to scavenge the bait from a trap set carelessly, aimed at some other target animal? 

How does the likes of Packham and other protectionists, obtain apparantly incriminating photos like this? How are they always there to get such photos? Such events can't be at all common?......the sceptic might question, are they staged?......or suggest, perhaps a trained captive eagle photographed with a dummy trap on its legs?........or perhaps a photoshopped picture?...........Or is it genuine evidence of a real wildlife crime? If the source of the report and photo is independent, I would be more inclined to accept it as the latter........but a photo from those with an "end justifies the means" anti shooting agenda.........nope!

might this be the dead victim of illegal trapping proudly held high by Chris Packham  recently hyping the  dead and starved carcase (now this bothers me if those rat ******** photo graphed the injured  bird with a trap on its leg  why was it no caught and helped  or humanly dispatched to save suffering and starvation  and ends up many weeks later  to further an agenda)  not saying the picture is enhanced or not, but its the SAME leg broken as/in the trap as Packham holds it up for the media , no proof where the picture has been taken or of proceedings are been taken  towards an estate or individual ( why not)   (those ******** did not help an injured bird) ,  how come the main fixing ring on the end of the chain is missing way too many things do not add up , ok suppose caught in a trap not set in a tunnel ,and set for vermin , a no gooder comes along rather than free the bird cuts the chain allowing the injured bird to fly on photographing all the way  only to find it later starved and dead for Packham's agenda  again  ,     its nothing to do with conservation or even save the hook billed killers as their population is growing on managed grouse moors as all of the data points to managed areas being productive to game and non game species / so can I ask that when you guys / gals are out in the countryside you photograph / record what you have seen in a diary etc , types of bird or mammal / predication species / etc  your help is needed when allegations are made we need facts and data to slap WJ types down,    other than that we are making accusations as they are,    facts win the public vote every time