Browning Maxus- Gas Cleaning

Blueflame

Aerosol brake cleaner that came free with some new leaf springs. Gets the piston clean, but does need a spray over with some oil to re-coat it, also don't drown a very dirty second hand semi in it, then take it roost shooting. After a few shots the gun may burst into flames sort of like a Christmas pudding 

Guest cookoff013

with the auto, dont forget to oil the return spring in the stock. easily done, dont over do it. it should make the action smoother and quiet.

also should run longer between extreme cleaning sessions. 

Did a full day a few weeks back, I put 100 through my Maxus as did 4 other people and the gas piston was absolutely filthy. Tried all of the above suggestions but still couldn’t remove some of the grime. I purchased an ultrasonic cleaner off flea bay and dropped it in for an hour, it came out like new.

3 hours ago, Taileron said:

Did a full day a few weeks back, I put 100 through my Maxus as did 4 other people and the gas piston was absolutely filthy. Tried all of the above suggestions but still couldn’t remove some of the grime. I purchased an ultrasonic cleaner off flea bay and dropped it in for an hour, it came out like new.

which one did you get??

Soak the carbon in WD40 give it brush then leave wet while I clean rest of the gun. Relube and other parts then go back to the carbon and it usually cleans straight off with a stiff brass brush. 

The ultrasonic sounds good but it's the magtube I have most trouble with.