finally got the killer fox

scarecrow243

Hi i have been trying to get a fox that has been killing guinea fowl chicks  as the crops have been harvested  and the rain stopped  we went out last night it was a full moon so it made it good viewing thru the yukon photon 4.5x42   fitted on my brno mod 2   .22lr   i managed to call the fox in 70yrds from the motor it was sitting facing us  clear chest shot and down it went god it was a smelly one hopefully the pic works 

IMG_20190812_215918.jpg

Appreciate the view from some that .22LR might not be the most appropriate, but I agree with the above sentiment being used sensibly:

• Range
  • Shot placement
  • Humane dispatch

Not everyone has a slot or access to larger calibres and a .22LR can be more dual purpose than a .243

I saw a fox shot in the head with a .22LR from a range of about 60 yards. Very quick and effective.

On 13/08/2019 at 19:56, Dougy said:

Put in for a 50, you'd be OK then. 

Hi Dougy   i use to have a 50cal muzzle loader  but could not use single ball etc as was on my shotgun cert.. a few years ago i put a pic of a rabbit that was split in two from haed to tail this was with a .308 the slagging i took on here was unreal  the rabbit did not know what hit it dead is dead

28 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi Dougy   i use to have a 50cal muzzle loader  but could not use single ball etc as was on my shotgun cert.. a few years ago i put a pic of a rabbit that was split in two from haed to tail this was with a .308 the slagging i took on here was unreal  the rabbit did not know what hit it dead is dead

+1 most definitely.

Some folk just cant accept that not everything is done the same way as they do things. 

I don't shoot  a 223 but I don't say there not as good as a 22.250. As long as the end result is quick and humane that's the name of the game. 

7 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

humane dispatch on roe with a .22  is that not what a game keeper did after being asked from the police as the roe was hit with a car  he lost his certificates 

No idea but did he call it in? Again not the bullet size (unless he was about 20 yards away) but the only reason I can think off is that he had a audience and he didn't have authority to do it. Im sure this was in another topic not long ago. 

BTW you used a brno mod 2, have you got a silencer on it? Seriously thinking of getting mine done