finally got the killer fox

scarecrow243

On 13/08/2019 at 15:37, dessyb said:

not the right cal. for fox control.

It might be that you are restricted on the terms of your FAC., and if so you must abide by the terms of your certificate. It may be that your own FAC is restricted (or as some may say - closed) without Fox as a condition except on your centre fire guns. For those who have an open ticket and condition of “All Lawful Quarry” it is perfectly Ok. From the evidence of the post it did the job. The use of a .22lr near to housing is often preferable to avoid disturbing residents, always assuming there is a safe backstop and it is safe to use the 22lr. 

Hi Strimmer -13   i have a parker hale mod on the brno  its very quiet

35 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

It might be that you are restricted on the terms of your FAC., and if so you must abide by the terms of your certificate. It may be that your own FAC is restricted (or as some may say - closed) without Fox as a condition except on your centre fire guns. For those who have an open ticket and condition of “All Lawful Quarry” it is perfectly Ok. From the evidence of the post it did the job. The use of a .22lr near to housing is often preferable to avoid disturbing residents, always assuming there is a safe backstop and it is safe to use the 22lr. 

my f,a,c,  has been open for years     and all lawful quarry

Well done mate. When you get your renewal through maybe look at swapping the .22 for a .338 Lap Mag or something similar, that should be good for fox shooting up to 100 yards  :lol: The only thing worse then shooting a fox with a .22lr is shooting it in the head...you would get loads more abuse lol. I for one object to shooting fluffy foxes...honest :lol:

13 hours ago, Houseplant said:

That sounds an awful lot like common sense. 

I have this `common sense` discussion a lot of the time - on several subjects.

It has now been decided that common sense is developed and moulded by life's great experiences. You aren't just born with it. Common sense is in fact `the use of judgement based on previous experiences/learning points`. 

After many years of scientific research and shouting at people (I nearly typed `shooting`....), it was concluded that most of the time, my common sense had been influenced by life experiences and is not a born trait (sadly, not as smart as I thought I was). The correlation between me saying/shouting/(shooting?) "you should know better, where is your common sense" - was in fact based on me having learned that `common sense` at some previous point in my life.

So  - yes - it sounds like common sense, but I have learned that (or been taught that) at some point in my informative years.

I still see people popping off at pigeons in the next postcode, doing `dumb` stuff  with guns, clay traps etc

We need to take it upon ourselves to educate people, de-dumb them and make them CS Ambassadors.

*gets off soapbox*

On 19/08/2019 at 09:42, scarecrow243 said:

Hi Strimmer -13   i have a parker hale mod on the brno  its very quiet

my f,a,c,  has been open for years     and all lawful quarry

Excellent, and you clearly have done a good job. My comments were directed at those who doubted that it was the right calibre 

• 4 weeks later...

there was a programme on tv quite a while back about urban fox and there was a pest controller called in to deal with a Charlie that was taking the families chickens .

he came and baited a spot in the garden with dead chooks then sat in an upstairs room and shot 2 foxes that came into feed all shown on tv and he used an anshutz .22rf with mod all legal 

17 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

nice shooting ... ive not been on here for years and the moment i come on theres still key board kids making their noise lol 

:lol: Get on fox club mate. Only sensible posts on there...lol...well lots of abuse but people who amazingly...shoot foxes . First rule of Fox club....:lol:

3 hours ago, hodge911 said:

there was a programme on tv quite a while back about urban fox and there was a pest controller called in to deal with a Charlie that was taking the families chickens .

he came and baited a spot in the garden with dead chooks then sat in an upstairs room and shot 2 foxes that came into feed all shown on tv and he used an anshutz .22rf with mod all legal 

I remember that as well, good to see but I bet a lot of people were ranting about the horrible man killing fluffy foxes. I caught a bit about foxes on the one show last night whilst I was waiting for some sensible TV, aimed very much at people who dont venture into the countryside much lol 

• 1 month later...
Just now, simon6ppc said:

how are ya pal , hope every thing is fine..another summer gone  and the dark nights are are upon us one again.. ime still doing quite a bit of fox shooting and pest control,,, 

I am delighted to hear that all is well with you and that you are shooting a few foxes.

Put some posts up and ignore the know it alls on this forum. 

9 minutes ago, JDog said:

I am delighted to hear that all is well with you and that you are shooting a few foxes.

Put some posts up and ignore the know it alls on this forum. 

will do pal, ive been filming most of the shots for the last 2 years so will try put some vids on to if i can....