Greta Thunberg

Pistol p

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

I think she is just a part of the ground swell of change for a sustainable world. Every town, every village, taking a part in the climate change emergency debate is a great thing. At the very least we get everyone talking about the issues and looking to see what difference they can make. 

And lots of people are looking at how they can get famous and/or make lots of money out of it too.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m not even convinced that people want to make a difference. Yesterday there were some people on the news being lauded for recycling crisp packets. Nobody ever said stop eating high fat, high salt non food and the packet problem goes away. The “difference” we were invited to applaud was recycling something that wasn’t needed in the first place.

The problem is consumption; one cannot consume one’s way out of that.

Just now, SpringDon said:

I’m not even convinced that people want to make a difference. Yesterday there were some people on the news being lauded for recycling crisp packets. Nobody ever said stop eating high fat, high salt non food and the packet problem goes away. The “difference” we were invited to applaud was recycling something that wasn’t needed in the first place.

The problem is over population. That is the unpalatable truth.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Are you in the climate change denial camp? ???

Thats a broad question, that requires dissecting.

Do I believe in climate change = Yes, the climate has been changing for millions of years, literally no one disputes this, yet industrial age man is fully responsible for it all in the last 150 years ? Nah, when the developed world literally existed on coal, no co2 or temperature changes were noticeable , it took a failed US politico , with no scientific credentials, to point it out to us 20 years ago, that MAN was murdering the planet 😆

So , do I believe that we are totally responsible for it = Absolutely not. Maybe 2-3 % as is confirmed by many climate scientists.

The problem is , anyone challenging anthropological climate change, or global warming as it used to be called, gets what you just tried with me.
Put onto the 'climate change denial naughty step' named a heretic, whos  irrational thinking needs to be sidelined away from the new religion of climate guilt.

How can you solve a problem, if he first thing you do is apportion blame.
Its like spending precious moments asking who had the matches, while the house burns down around you.
And people like Greta , who knows NOTHING about the climate except what people have told her, become an EXPERT in her field, whilst maintaining a righteous, haughty stance.
If shes that concerned about it, she should stop breathing and go carbon neutral.

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

I think she is just a part of the ground swell of change for a sustainable world. Every town, every village, taking a part in the climate change emergency debate is a great thing. At the very least we get everyone talking about the issues and looking to see what difference they can make. 

Yes , just as long as you dont report on it when they all start squabbling ?

https://www.thegwpf.com/green-mini-dictator-greta-throws-news-journalists-out-of-climate-summit/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/02/greta-thunberg-hits-back-at-andrew-bolt-for-deeply-disturbing-column

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

Edited by Rewulf

21 minutes ago, Penelope said:

The problem is over population. That is the unpalatable truth.

That’s the same side of two different coins. The current population can grow but only if the consumption of the developed world reduces. Of course then the argument is whether population densities can be maintained without high inputs.

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

<snip>

If shes that concerned about it, she should stop breathing and go carbon neutral.

Now that’s an inconvenient truth.

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

You may well be right, but I don't think the likes of Miss Thunberg and Mr Packham, because of the mental disorder they freely admit they share, should be encouraged, promoted by and given access to the media, for them to use as a platform to express their polarised extremist views, with which to potentially influence future lawmaking and other decisions which will affect many other people's lives!

7 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

You may well be right, but I don't think the likes of Miss Thunberg and Mr Packham, because of the mental disorder they freely admit they share, should be encouraged, promoted by and given access to the media, for them to use as a platform to express their polarised extremist views, with which to potentially influence future lawmaking and other decisions which will affect many other people's lives!

Whilst using their disability shield to counter any criticism.

41 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Seriously? Surely we should all have these opportunities able bodied or not? It's for the media to decide what stories it wishes to promote and climate change is currently a topic of interest. I would not want to live in a society that blocks opportunity for those that do not fit with some 'social norm'. Within usual norms of legality of course. 

37 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Whilst using their disability shield to counter any criticism.

What is that? 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Seriously? Surely we should all have these opportunities able bodied or not? It's for the media to decide what stories it wishes to promote and climate change is currently a topic of interest. I would not want to live in a society that blocks opportunity for those that do not fit with some 'social norm'. Within usual norms of legality of course. 

What is that? 

Would you put the nutcases in charge of the asylum? Would you put an Anti Semite in charge of a synagogue? If not, why would you put someone who's judgment may be affected by their mental disability in a position of influence over the lives of others, who may hold a different view?

They have both admitted to having a mental disorder, which is known to affect their thought patterns and personality, If they had an independent assessment into their mental competence as to whether it had an effect on their thinking and decision making capabilities....which  came out as normal.........fair enough!

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

So, seriously , are you saying that poor Greta wouldnt attract a lot more criticism for her particular brand of climate zealotry, if she were completely 'able bodied' ?
Climate change isnt a 'topic of interest'  ,  its a new religion , a mantra taken up by mostly left wing hypocrites, who use it to beat up on the right wing 'elites'
Its going to be rammed down our throats , whether we want it or not , and you WILL feel guilty, and it WILL cost you money, and freedoms.
Think about it , cause and effect.

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

What is that? 

Greta , without disability shield.

Image result for greta thunberg memes

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

Would you put the nutcases in charge of the asylum? Would you put an Anti Semite in charge of a synagogue? If not, why would you put someone who's judgment may be affected by their mental disability in a position of influence over the lives of others, who may hold a different view?

They have both admitted to having a mental disorder, which is known to affect their thought patterns and personality, If they had an independent assessment into their mental competence as to whether it had an effect on their thinking and decision making capabilities....which  came out as normal.........fair enough!

What a ridiculous suggestion. 

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

So, seriously , are you saying that poor Greta wouldnt attract a lot more criticism for her particular brand of climate zealotry, if she were completely 'able bodied' ?
Climate change isnt a 'topic of interest'  ,  its a new religion , a mantra taken up by mostly left wing hypocrites, who use it to beat up on the right wing 'elites'
Its going to be rammed down our throats , whether we want it or not , and you WILL feel guilty, and it WILL cost you money, and freedoms.
Think about it , cause and effect.

She is able bodied. 

The rest is beyond rational consideration. 

Whether we want it or not climate change is here to stay. It will cost us much more than freedoms and money. It will cost us lives. 

Greta-Thunberg-Jody-Tobacco-Factory-Bristol-1600x900.jpg

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

She is able bodied. 

Note the 'quotes',

of course shes able bodied, by her own admission , is she able minded ?
But we HAVE to listen to her , because she is 'special' 

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

The rest is beyond rational consideration.

Yes, you dont want to think about any of this climate stuff rationally , its all emotive, 'Think of the children' or 'Those poor polar bears'  😲 WE ONLY HAVE 12 YEARS TO SAVE THE PLANET !!!! WE ARE THE LAST GENERATION !!

Yeah , last thing you need is rational thought on the matter.

39 minutes ago, oowee said:

Whether we want it or not climate change is here to stay. It will cost us much more than freedoms and money. It will cost us lives. 

Climate change has never left ?? Its already cost freedom , money and lives, so does war , pestilence and famine, among a host of other things, human and otherwise.
The good thing about the 'religion' of  climate change is it can create tax revenue.

The question was asked the other day, what lengths would you deem acceptable to combat man made climate change?
Compulsory electric cars, no carbon based power generation ?
Higher taxes to pay for new infrastructure and lost revenue streams ?
How about...
One child families, compulsory euthanasia at 60 years old ?
Badly disabled or severely mentally ill euthanised ?
Carbon neutral energy at the point of a gun for developing countries ?
A police state to control dissent on any of the above, and a one world government to make sure all these new found 'freedoms' cannot be voted out or questioned ?

All based on what ? a 1.5 degree temperature increase over the past 150 years , that may have something to do with people ?

Well at least we saved the planet yes ?

2 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Very good point. I am happy that people put across their points of view.. The thing I find disturbing is this blaming others [usually/always without the full facts] then this jumping on the bandwagon by the weak of mind, this week its beef farming, last week plastic, diesel cars, etc etc etc, its always everyone else's fault and the weak of mind can then justify their own consumerism by turning up at a demo and singing songs, 

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, oowee said:

What a ridiculous suggestion. 

Greta-Thunberg-Jody-Tobacco-Factory-Bristol-1600x900.jpg

All or one particular comment? So you are right, and I am wrong eh? Sounds familiar 🤔? Have you got Aspergers too? :whistling: lol!

If you wish to disagree with me or debate something? Make your case.......please don't insult me by just saying my suggestions are ridiculous!

13 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

All or one particular comment? So you are right, and I am wrong eh? Sounds familiar 🤔? Have you got Aspergers too? :whistling: lol!

If you wish to disagree with me or debate something? Make your case.......please don't insult me by just saying my suggestions are ridiculous!

There are many view points that you or I might disagree with. We are all physically and mentally different from each other. That difference is what makes the world go around and why we are not all clones. It does not automatically follow that someone who may not conform to your view of a 'norm' in society has a view point any less valid than that of another. To suggest that some form of mental competence assessment is required of a person before we can listen to them is ridiculous. 

I listen to the Kipper as he is the current PM but he has not had any competence assessment and is clearly deranged. 

10 minutes ago, islandgun said:

190729101252-02-greta-thunberg-sailboat-scli-intl-exlarge-169.jpg.c92cad21f20c7afeac3344fc214c36cf.jpg

The zero emission yacht she is passenger in for two weeks, im wondering if it was made of 100% recycled materials and will self compost when it makes landfall.. ah well at least she's not going in a plane [which was going there anyway] 

I looked at it on the news last night and thought what a great way to travel for an hour or two. Can you imagine how uncomfortable that boat will be for two weeks. 

17 minutes ago, islandgun said:

190729101252-02-greta-thunberg-sailboat-scli-intl-exlarge-169.jpg.c92cad21f20c7afeac3344fc214c36cf.jpg

The zero emission yacht she is passenger in for two weeks, im wondering if it was made of 100% recycled materials and will self compost when it makes landfall.. ah well at least she's not going in a plane [which was going there anyway] 

This was my initial cynical point. It would be more ecologically friendly to get there using the space shuttle!. 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

I listen to the Kipper as he is the current PM but he has not had any competence assessment and is clearly deranged. 

Not like Corbyn, Abbottcus and McDonnel eh ? Proper level headed people like them should be in government 🤡😆

Anyway , when are you parking up the 4x4 and walking to the shops ?

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Not like Corbyn, Abbottcus and McDonnel eh ? Proper level headed people like them should be in government 🤡😆

Anyway , when are you parking up the 4x4 and walking to the shops ?

They are no better than the kipper. 

I have gone eco friendly with my Euro6, 4x4 :good:

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

They are no better than the kipper. 

So we might as well see what Boris does ?
As we certainly know what Corbyn will do in the unlikely event of him gaining power.

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

I have gone eco friendly with my Euro6, 4x4 

You see, that  might assuage YOUR climate guilt, but will Greta support that err 'decision' of yours ? (All EU diesel vehicles must be Euro 6 compliant since 2015, so you cant NOT have it)
No doubt you have shunned air travel, recycle ALL your 'waste' products, and have enough solar and wind on the Oowee estate to satisfy all your energy needs ?

The planet requires your sacrifice NOW ! :lol:

1 minute ago, oowee said:

There are many view points that you or I might disagree with. We are all physically and mentally different from each other. That difference is what makes the world go around and why we are not all clones. It does not automatically follow that someone who may not conform to your view of a 'norm' in society has a view point any less valid than that of another. To suggest that some form of mental competence assessment is required of a person before we can listen to them is ridiculous. 

I looked at it on the news last night and thought what a great way to travel for an hour or two. Can you imagine how uncomfortable that boat will be for two weeks. 

I was not aware I had suggested anyone should not have the right to hold an opinion, express an opinion or even that their opinion could be any less valid than that of another?.........What I was suggesting, and in your words "it does not automatically follow that someone who may not conform to your view of the norm in society has a view point any less valid than that of another"........... isn't this exactly what people (like Packham for example) with Aspergers do, think their views are always right, get annoyed and upset and will not listen, when their views are challenged and that others peoples views are less valid than theirs!.....This being the case, In my opinion people with a diagnosed mental disorder that places them outside of societies accepted "norm", whilst they have the right to their views, they should not be allowed a privelidged Media platform with which to persuade, frighten or emotionally blackmail a largely uninformed and gullible public, into supporting unproven, extreme often scientifically disputed one sided views!

As far as I know Boris Johnson has not been diagnosed with a mental disorder? So how do you reach the conclusion he is "clearly deranged"?

It’s a bit of a cliche now, but nonetheless still a fact, that the planet has been cooling down and warming up periodically through time, and it is believed that Homo Sapiens were first able to make the journey from Siberia to Alaska due to global warming melting glacial obstacles around 12000BC. 

They then proceeded to wipe out the vast majority of large mammals and reptiles inhabiting what is now the Americas. 🙂

We are the most destructive animals ever to have inhabited the planet, and while we continue to breed as we do, we will continue to be so.

It really is as simple as that, and while we may believe we can control our environment to the extent we can control its climate, we are still consumers, and nothing will prevent that because no one wants to give up what they have. 

The climate will change with or without us, and like every other animal in the planet, we will adapt.

What really really annoys me though, is that there are, and will be, those who will try to convince us that it’s raining, while all the time ******* down our backs, and then make the purchase of an umbrella compulsory. 

6 hours ago, SpringDon said:

She is a bad poster girl. It’s too easy to say everything and everybody must change because you know it won’t and you can be a lone prophet in the wilderness. It’s more difficult to come up with workable plans.

It is hypocritical to pretend this is a zero carbon trip when the embodied energy of a high tech racing boat will never be recouped in its life time. I’m too lazy to do the sums but I’d guess that the energy used in the lifetime of a plane is less than that yacht if divided by the number of people miles.

Also if someone behaves like an ignorant ***, is that excused by a personality disorder? I didn’t notice people defending Phillip green by saying it’s ok, he just has some of the psychopathic traits often associated with high power business persons.

This👍

2 hours ago, Pistol p said:

This was my initial cynical point. It would be more ecologically friendly to get there using the space shuttle!. 

I now see, apologise for a repeat, I really must stop going to last post first !  I think this journey might open her eyes a bit,  then theres the return !

good luck to her anyway