norfolk dumpling

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was proposing a National Unity Government believing it was genuinely for the good of the country I wouldn't propose myself as the leader, particularly if I was the leader of the opposition. It might look like extreme self interest.

I would have proposed an elder statesman with some gravitas, Ken Baker, Harriet Harman and Vince Cable could form a Triumvirate for example (I'm struggling for choices).

Maybe a lack of extreme self interest has stopped me becoming a politician at all.

Lets just step back from all this an take a serious look. What they are proposing is an alliance of Labour, the SNP, the Welsh Nationals, the Greens and the Lib Dems??????

and they are calling that a PARTY OF NATIONAL UNITY???? They have got to be joking. There will be no flippin' unity there.

It will be like The Muppet Show, The Young Ones and The Walking Dead all rolled into one, but not as funny.

And they would be fighting like cats and dogs within a week

Edited by Vince Green

31 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

What Corbin is actually proposing is a coup d'etat of the democratically elected government, followed by him appointing of an unelected cross party, Unity Government of National Traitors!

And if the coup doesn't work hes got friends that can give him pointers as to how to be more force full!

41 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

What Corbin is actually proposing is a coup d'etat of the democratically elected government, followed by him appointing of an unelected cross party, Unity Government of National Traitors!

? He would be using a majority of elected members to bring forward a consensus for action. Could not be more democratic. Then back to the people for a GE and form a new consensus. The country did not vote for the kipper but we are stuck with it for a while. 

Cant see it happening myself too many hurdles. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

? He would be using a majority of elected members to bring forward a consensus for action. Could not be more democratic. Then back to the people for a GE and form a new consensus. The country did not vote for the kipper but we are stuck with it for a while. 

And what happens when boris gets voted back in?

1 minute ago, oowee said:

The elected members of the Conservative party were democratically voted, by majority, into government by the people, at the last general election....not the elected members of any opposition party! For opposition party's to conspire to replace the rightful government with one they appoint is undemocratic.

Didn't Gordon Brown get into Downing Steet in the same way as Boris Johnson? And the country didn't vote for him either! And we were stuck with him for far too long!

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

He wont. His vote will be halved by the Brexit party. 

That's the only way Boris won't get back in! But if he gets us out of the EU, Brexit party voters will turn back to the Conservatives, if only to keep Corbin and his Trot mates out of Government!