Leather furniture repair

Townie

12 minutes ago, Townie said:

Anybody on here know anything about it?

We have a couple of small tears on arms caused by wear and general abuse. I've been quoted £200 for the two.

Any help greatly appreciated.

My Mrs is the knowledgeable one not me , but it would help to see a picture of the damage buddy . I know that leather repairs can get pretty expensive. 

Her good self has just taken a look , she said that it's very very difficult to tell exactly what needs doing from the pic , but , from what she can see , £200 seems a very reasonable price , if panels are being replaced 👍

I know that they are probably not `De rigeur` these days, (although coming back into fashion apparently) but how about an anti macassar on each arm. They can still be bought in any linen colour. 

Just an idea for a quick fix.

OB

41 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

£200 is pretty good price. Especially if the chairs are comfy favourites.

This is the most important factor for me . We have two , pre war armchairs in the dining room , they look like a right old mess, but the fat chair fits my fat ***** perfectly , we have arm caps on them ,and my Mrs makes me throw covers over them when we have visitors 😅.

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

This is the most important factor for me . We have two , pre war armchairs in the dining room , they look like a right old mess, but the fat chair fits my fat ***** perfectly , we have arm caps on them ,and my Mrs makes me throw covers over them when we have visitors 😅.

I thought Lin threw covers over you, Mel.:lol:

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

she sends me out to the shed when respectable people visit the house , she lures me in there with melton mowbray pork pie :lol:.

You are very easily pleased Mel , my good lady don't have to lure me from my shed as we never have any respectable people come to ours :no: .

21 minutes ago, Townie said:

Thanks everyone. Duck tape and a few throws have been discussed! It’s Mrs T’s favourite because it supports all the bits that need supporting when she’s knitting.

Get Mels good Lady to make a leather cover with pockets on the outside to put wool, needles etc:D

On 17/08/2019 at 13:32, Yellow Bear said:

Get Mels good Lady to make a leather cover with pockets on the outside to put wool, needles etc

She could make them easily enough , but she would need to be able to measure it up to make a pattern ,  then by the time you've added the cost of new leather, it would be costing almost as much as new panels 😕.

Some time ago , I saw a leather repair that was done by sewing on a patch , the leather patch was completely  the wrong colour, and so was the thread (that was also way too thick), the patch had been glued on , then it was stitched with large X stitches using a curved needle . It was obviously done by someone that knew what they were doing , and it looked super cool. 

The whole distressed /mismatched furniture look is very fashionable these days , I was never a fan until I saw some of the furniture that my good lady would refurb / distress for customers , but I absolutely love it now.