Malaysia, girl found

guzzicat

2 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

It seems disturbing that a person can die in a few days of malnutrition, dehydration possibly. Unless the medical conditions played a part.

Shes been missing 2 weeks in total, dehydration aside, lack of blood salts , or diarrhea ?
When she was found , she wasnt badly decomposed, so sadly , wandered around for some time.
With the vast area to search, but plenty of people and technology, pretty bad luck she wasnt found in time.

15 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Not the timeline I saw. Missing on 4th August, found on 13th having died 2 or 3 days before. But either way, really unfortunate.

Youre right , 9 days, sure I read 2 weeks somewhere ?
Yes , very unfortunate, and no , I dont suspect foul play in this case.

11 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

I read she was naked if so then who took her clothes?

Maybe she took them off herself? It’s bloody hot in the jungle isn’t it? She only went out in a bathrobe. I imagine it was probably bloody boiling with that on.

I saw her parents protesting that she would never have wandered off and she must have been abducted. 

It did make me wonder however that if they were clutching at straws because they felt bad for leaving her alone and they feel they let it happen?! 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

I read she was naked if so then who took her clothes?

It's entirely possible she did. It's not uncommon for those suffering from dehydration to become disoriented and delirious. Severe dehydration drains moisture from the body, but also the brain. In severe cases it can cause brain damage and obviously is fatal eventually. Also, the mind plays horrible tricks on you and logic gets warped, particularly in a hot climate. Your body goes into overdrive and panic sets in. You're too hot, you're losing moisture and the mind tells you to do something - anything - that might help cool down, so removing clothes in panic isn't unusual. 

Weirdly. it also happens with people who get hypothermia, that's known as paradoxical undressing. All connected to decreased brain function and I'd guess that someone with a brain development disorder is particularly vulnerable.

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's entirely possible she did. It's not uncommon for those suffering from dehydration to become disoriented and delirious. Severe dehydration drains moisture from the body, but also the brain. In severe cases it can cause brain damage and obviously is fatal eventually. Also, the mind plays horrible tricks on you and logic gets warped, particularly in a hot climate. Your body goes into overdrive and panic sets in. You're too hot, you're losing moisture and the mind tells you to do something - anything - that might help cool down, so removing clothes in panic isn't unusual. 

Weirdly. it also happens with people who get hypothermia, that's known as paradoxical undressing. All connected to decreased brain function and I'd guess that someone with a brain development disorder is particularly vulnerable.

I was thinking just about precisely this too.

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

She was found by a stream so would appear to have had access to water and article on the radio this morning said that the autopsy showed a split intestine from lack of food

Very tragic case. 

I wonder if that could happen if she had been very dehydrated for days , then drank loads of water from the waterfall ?

Drinking foul water can create dysentery like symptoms, diarrehea and vomiting stomach cramps etc so bad that patient is producing blood from both ends and delirious within 24 hours. After that, its all but over without medical intervention.  

If she was drinking water downstream from a settlement with animals she could easily have taken in a cocktail of nasty things but bleeding intestines sounds particularly indicative of a nasty water borne infection.

Edited by Vince Green

hello, it all sounds rather different to me, why did  they not use tracker dogs ? 1 mile away ? naked and no mention of clothing, you can survive a long time just on water, now a waterfall sounds very clean water, maybe the Malaysian police and Authority did not want to mention an abduction as could harm the Tourist industry, saying that it must be the worst thing for any parent, 

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, it all sounds rather different to me, why did  they not use tracker dogs ? 1 mile away ? naked and no mention of clothing, you can survive a long time just on water, now a waterfall sounds very clean water, maybe the Malaysian police and Authority did not want to mention an abduction as could harm the Tourist industry, saying that it must be the worst thing for any parent, 

They did use tracker dogs. 

Its a jungle. An enormous area, with the lost person moving around. She went into an area they had already searched and found clear. 

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i did not see any tracker dogs being used on the TV reports, ?? there are a lot more missing information that is why its made the front page of a national newspaper 

I've just got back from KL after a month. Every night they had this on the news reports and in the papers. They had pictures of dogs and helicopters all over the place. The Malaysia police were saying that she had been kidnapped until about 7 days ago they were putting road checkpoints up quite away from the area as they thought that kidnappers may try to move her to Thailand as that's where most kids kidnapped in the area end up.