How frustrating

Jacko3275

When your sat in your own back garden and there’s a flightline over it day in day out you know  you can’t shoot it even though they are 20 yard up incomers and you know where they going but can’t get the perm on them fields never really noticed before how strong a line it is aaaarrrrrgghhhh

I feel your frustration at the moment albeit on a slightly different tangent. Spent all afternoon looking at stubbles and likey lines, covered God knows how many miles and did not see anything resembling a line of birds going to feed. All we can do is keep trying. Can you get permission on other land the line crosses?

Other than asking all my neighbours 300 yard  either way no  I’m trying to get in with a guy who is allowed to shoot pigeon on the estate was drinking with him the other week gave him my card and told him if you need a partner or your boss needs beaters give me a ring 

10 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

I feel your frustration at the moment albeit on a slightly different tangent. Spent all afternoon looking at stubbles and likey lines, covered God knows how many miles and did not see anything resembling a line of birds going to feed. All we can do is keep trying. Can you get permission on other land the line crosses?

Edited by Jacko3275

Keep asking around it will pay off eventually. As is often stated on here beating can often open doors. Looking forward to more reports from you.

12 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Other than asking all my neighbours 300 yard  either way no  I’m trying to get in with a guy who is allowed to shoot pigeon on the estate was drinking with him the other week gave him my card and told him if you need a partner or your boss needs beaters give me a ring 

10 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

When your sat in your own back garden and there’s a flightline over it day in day out you know  you can’t shoot it even though they are 20 yard up incomers and you know where they going but can’t get the perm on them fields never really noticed before how strong a line it is aaaarrrrrgghhhh

I’m guessing you can’t shoot in you back garden? 

23 hours ago, Clodhopper said:

Keep asking around it will pay off eventually. As is often stated on here beating can often open doors. Looking forward to more reports from you.

Now would be a good time for anyone to inquire at the various local shoots who is thinking going down the beating route , some of the bigger shoots around here would be having there first Partridge day in less than three weeks time , although the majority would be getting towards late September .

On 15/08/2019 at 20:21, Jacko3275 said:

I have exactly the same thing. I live in a 2nd floor maisonette with a big outside terrace, sometimes I'm sure I could hit them down with a broom handle and a field just up the road has been getting hammered for weeks whilst my perms has almost no birds. Double aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh