Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Just because May says we are leaving the EU does NOT mean we are leaving the EU! It,s just more bovine scatorum!  Leaving means getting out............COMPLETELY!

This is true. Parliament would have to vote for Mays proposal for the deal to be enacted and our departure to happen. Alternatively maybe there is some other deal? Suggestion now given the opposition to no deal Brexit that we might get some sort of consensus deal which would probably leave us even closer to the EU.

Who knows. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

This is true. Parliament would have to vote for Mays proposal for the deal to be enacted and our departure to happen. Alternatively maybe there is some other deal? Suggestion now given the opposition to no deal Brexit that we might get some sort of consensus deal which would probably leave us even closer to the EU.

Who knows. 

Have you been smoking something?

8 minutes ago, motty said:

Have you been smoking something?

Laura Kuenssberg view of options. 

4) Given that the balance in Parliament is definitely for a softer Brexit with closer ties to the EU, (arguably) the defeat on Tuesday might lead to a less dramatic break with the EU than the deal on the table promises.

One member of the cabinet tonight told me: "The longer this goes on, the softer Brexit gets."

Before you scream, I know that is not a view that is shared universally. But it is sincerely held by plenty of people around the place who point rather frustratedly to the irony.

As another member of cabinet said: "The hardline Brexiteers will push us toward a softer Brexit by digging in their resistance."

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

4) Given that the balance in Parliament is definitely for a softer Brexit with closer ties to the EU, (arguably) the defeat on Tuesday might lead to a less dramatic break with the EU than the deal on the table promises.

One member of the cabinet tonight told me: "The longer this goes on, the softer Brexit gets."

Before you scream, I know that is not a view that is shared universally. But it is sincerely held by plenty of people around the place who point rather frustratedly to the irony.

As another member of cabinet said: "The hardline Brexiteers will push us toward a softer Brexit by digging in their resistance."

Ahh the bias bbc view is this? Or the lets scare them into voting in the ****ty deal? 

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

I was trying to imagine what it must be like for May with such a defeat in site. Dare we hope it's voted down and the EU gives a bit? 

I was wondering earlier what she must be thinking.

I admire her fortitude in many respects, especially in her stated response that the result of the referendum should be honoured.

Lots of arguments of semantics whether her deal does that, but at least so far she has not caved in to offer her deal or another referendum.

I still think she is bloody hopeless however and a dreadful leader.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

Anyone taking bets on the size of the defeat? 

I'm going for a 120 defeat...

The ammendments make it interesting, but if it passes on through unmodified to the final vote then i reckon 168 against.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Georges Soros holds joint Hungarian and United States citizenship.  Gina Miller is a British Citizen (having been born in British Guyana)  Some sources suggest she also has Guyanese citizenship.

So she was NOT born here!So no real affection, or affiliation to the UK. Just a nice place to make money!

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Ah....Laura K....a major BBC REmoaner! 

31 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I was wondering earlier what she must be thinking.

I admire her fortitude in many respects, especially in her stated response that the result of the referendum should be honoured.

Lots of arguments of semantics whether her deal does that, but at least so far she has not caved in to offer her deal or another referendum.

I still think she is bloody hopeless however and a dreadful leader.

The ammendments make it interesting, but if it passes on through unmodified to the final vote then i reckon 168 against.

Nearer 150 I think

Only about an hour and a half and we will have lots more to discuss.

On 10/01/2019 at 09:54, blackbird said:

Only another 78 days & the NHS will have 350 million a week extra, remember that one 😂

In fact we will have close to 39 billion remaining here in the UK and not being spent on the likes of Lord Kinnocks pension, transferring all EU business from one parliament building to another.  Hopefully, and having seen the pathetic performance of the people elected to run this country ...remember someone voted for them... someone will have the necessary skills to see that 39 billion used for good purposes and the NHS comes top of the list .....we might be able to visit sick relatives and not get ripped off with car parking fees then.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

On that basis good news then !
Divorce bill wasnt mentioned, so no need to pay that.
NI border/backstop wasnt mentioned , so no issues there then.
Transition wasnt discussed , so were definitely out on WTO terms on the 29 th March then ?

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

+2. I'm hoping against hope of a no deal brexit. 

+3 So am I but most of the unwashed masses appear to want to be opressed forever.