Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

the 12 star's on "your" flag....are they for the 12 tribes of israel ?

The 12 Apostles? Now which one was a traitor?  Something about 30 pieces of silver?  In modern curency, isn,t that about the size of an EU pension?

59 minutes ago, ditchman said:

regardless wether Nige leeds a new party or not...........politics will never be the same again...........in the next few months Sexminster will make "the night of the long knives" look like a paper folding club

We are already planning it !

52 minutes ago, oowee said:

It features a circle of 12 gold stars on a blue background. They stand for the ideals of unity, solidarity and harmony among the peoples of Europe.

😍

Seriously I need to have some way to commiserate our departure from the union of friends. You lot might want fireworks I might get myself a Bonfire with a Ferage effigy. 

If you are that despondent, you could join the effigy.....? And "Unity, solidarity and harmony only add up to 3....are they keep the rest secret?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the EU insist "we will not reopen the withdrawal agreement" what do they mean by "agreement"? It takes all sides to agree something! As far as I'm aware the UK do not agree and have made no such agreement!.......That being the case, there is no "withdrawal agreement" there are merely "proposed withdrawal terms" on offer, which seem heavily in favour of the EU! A position which begs the question.......who if anyone, agreed these "proposed withdrawal terms" on behalf of the UK? And if someone is supposed to have agreed the "proposed withdrawal "terms" did they have the authority (or a mandate) to do so?......as far as I can see, the only real mandate the UK government have is from the people, and that is to leave the EU! The EU's so called "withdrawal agreement" is merely their proposed terms of withdrawal.......and the only agreement the EU commissioners have is with the other member states. The EU commissioners will not continue (NOT reopen!) negotiations with the UK on their proposed terms for withdrawal, in order to secure a genuine withdrawal agreement, not because they can't, but because they won't!

let the UK government put the following question to the people, "do you accept the EU's suggested withdrawal terms or reject them".......if the people reject them, then we leave with no deal!.........There is no question of the UK not leaving, that has already been decided!

3 hours ago, TriBsa said:

AKA The Star Spangled Sphincter.:lol:

I like that description!

15 hours ago, oowee said:

It features a circle of 12 gold stars on a blue background. They stand for the ideals of unity, solidarity and harmony among the peoples of Europe.

😍

Seriously I need to have some way to commiserate our departure from the union of friends. You lot might want fireworks I might get myself a Bonfire with a Ferage effigy. 

Is this flag a forecast fro the immediate future of the EU? The 12 main  collaborators (Germany, France, Belgium etc)remain, after they have thrown the 15 hangers-on onto the bonfire of history? Sounds about right!

Business in the EU is starting to panic.............

“Chaos. Disaster. Costs.” These are all words Dutch businesses use to describe how Brexit will hit their trade with the UK.

The Netherlands, seen as one of Theresa May’s closest European allies, has a lot to lose, particularly with a disorderly departure.

Trade with the UK makes up 3.1pc of GDP for this nation of merchants, which is the world’s second largest exporter of agricultural products and ships all kinds of goods through Europe’s largest port of Rotterdam.

The UK is the Netherlands’ second largest export market, after Germany, buying everything from mobile phones (the top product in 2017) to fruit and vegetables, meat, plants and holding company services

French business is playing last-minute catch up over the prospect of a hard Brexit amid increasingly plaintive calls from government and trade bodies to act or lose out to European and global rivals. As many as 30,000 French companies export to the UK, and 3,300 have British-based operations, according to government figures.

“I’ve just got off the phone from Brussels office and the news is not good,” said Thierry Pouch, chief economist of the French Chambers of Agriculture. “The European Commission refuses any renegotiation of the Withdrawal Agreement, we have zero room for manoeuvre. The only hope for movement is from political pressure but Emmanuel Macron has already ruled it out,” he told...

They are starting to get the message!

In the end, business rules, NOT politics!

Just now, ditchman said:

nuthin' like a twitching nipsy............(cant spell sfincter sorry)............ask fat sarah

Do you mean a fluttering lower rear valve?

1 hour ago, DoolinDalton said:

Sounds like lots of sphincters are starting to twitch in France...and no doubt many of the other EU 27 too!  😟 

****'em all!

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I suppose that's my fault too!

no its not ......ive drunk all yours yonks ago...............this is my fault entirly

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you mean a fluttering lower rear valve?

****'em all!

if you insist.........

38 minutes ago, firdom said:

interesting thread on SD forum if somebody could bring it over 

Dunno about bringing the thread over but is this damming bit (of evidence?) what you wanted?

Ironic that it came via a Russian TV company rather than British Media.

Edited by Dave-G
dint mean to link to another forum so this is from youtube