Brexit - merged threads

scouser

if corbyn.............by defalt or other wise gets into number 10 downing street......................will diane abbott be deputy prime minister............

now that .....my friends is a really scary thought

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May said just that today

10 minutes ago, muncher said:

Yes, I do think they would as it's now law to leave with a deal,they will say we have no choice.

In adition they in grey suits, faceless wonders, never voted in for anyhting have managed to scratch together a bit of bad stuff about Boris.  This happened months ago and they decide to release it to the press today. I wonder why??

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last I heard "No Deal" was the default..?

Rewulf explains it on the previous page.

No deal is / was the default. Parliament are rushing a bill through to prevent no deal which would then be enshrined in law making no no deal the default position. 

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

question...............

why is it...that all the UK now believe that a "no-deal brexit" is no longer on the table...........and yet all the EU (EU 27) including Eire are investing money in a No-deal senario

i thought no-deal was off the table ...am i missing something ?

it is effectively off the table or at least will be very soon but in this post truth era some people will try to create an alternative reality where it still exists as the default. 

If the EU are really investing in no-deal then it's probably an indication that the costs will be passed onto us as one of the caveats for an extension...

A political manoeuvre by Westminster to stop Brexit!..........Cut off all the routes to Brexit one by one, until the only option left is to stall, stall and finally revoke A50!

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

No deal is / was the default. Parliament are rushing a bill through to prevent no deal which would then be enshrined in law making no no deal the default position. 

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Anything to try and prevent us actually leaving.  Jeeesh!!! There is going to be a serious carve up come the next General Election.

That is one view, the other is that it's now late enough in the game to bury no deal since it only ever was a bargaining tool.

Wait and see what the EU want for extending A50! The EU are already issuing the threat that in the event of a no deal Brexit, there will be no negotiations let alone agreements, until the UK agree to the Irish backstop and we pay them the billions of £ they are demanding in the divorce settlement.

Edited by panoma1

2 hours ago, muncher said:

Yes, I do think they would as it's now law to leave with a deal,they will say we have no choice.

The consequences of that would destroy the parliamentary system and it would remain broken for a generation. These clowns playing games for the benefit of their own egos are only looking at the next vote or the vote after that. They appear not to be looking at the future.

If they can trick or stall Brexit, they may well win the day. However, the political landscape will be changed for ever and the damage will be greater than the short term (but unifying) pain of a no deal Brexit which wouldn't split the country.

It is the EU that is broken, not the UK. Our decision to distance ourselves before the collapse is eminently sensible, even if that wasn't the reason most leavers voted to leave.

20 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That is one view, the other is that it's now late enough in the game to bury no deal since it only ever was a bargaining tool.

Ok hypothetical question, what if, after activating A50, we began  the WA talks and Brussels, and they demand 250 billion as a divorce payment? 

We say no, they say that's the best you're getting, what do we do, either pay them or not leave? 

Would we remain trapped, through the fact they can make any unreasonable demand they like, to force us to stay? 

What if we accept Mays WA deal, then we start trade negotiations and they demand £20 bn a year for it, AND free movement AND adopt the euro? 

If we can't walk away, they can do ANYTHING they want to us, how does that sound? 

No deal IS the fall back, other wise we might as well hand the country over to them now. 

18 minutes ago, muncher said:

I've just read the law has passed the Lords 3 time and now only needs to go back to the commons.

The law isn't to remove no deal completely, its to force may to request an extension, which she's already done, so we don't leave Automatically on the 12th, the EU obviously have to agree, which of course they will. 

Nothing has changed really, it's just another psychological attack on the plebs to make us think staying isn't so bad. 

Disgusting behaviour from both houses. 

As walker says............regardless of what happens...it looks as if the EU has given us a damn good kicking in the guts............and to be quite honest we have deserved it ...for electing such a total shower of excrement and i include all the govts going back many decades...and letting them lie and roll the electorate over

there are a lot of EU manderines.....rubbing their hands together thinking they have at last bent Englands back over the fence and snapped it

as i have said 3 times before..........the bloodletting will start at the next election.....there are going to be MP's elected to parliament ...last seen in your worst nightmare

anxcious days are ahead ....all this brexit stuff is done and dusted now.................

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ok hypothetical question, what if, after activating A50, we began  the WA talks and Brussels, and they demand 250 billion as a divorce payment? 

We say no, they say that's the best you're getting, what do we do, either pay them or not leave? 

Would we remain trapped, through the fact they can make any unreasonable demand they like, to force us to stay? 

What if we accept Mays WA deal, then we start trade negotiations and they demand £20 bn a year for it, AND free movement AND adopt the euro? 

If we can't walk away, they can do ANYTHING they want to us, how does that sound? 

No deal IS the fall back, other wise we might as well hand the country over to them now. 

Aren't things messed up enough without having to consider hypotheticals?

I get your line of reasoning but the scenarios you present would result in negotiation / transition periods and I don't consider that "no deal"

Handing the country over to them is more or less what the TM deal would do in my book.

So we have no no deal which leaves a deal that hands our country over to them or the unthinkable (which is looking less unthinkable by the day). Who would have imagined it...

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

So we have no no deal which leaves a deal that hands our country over to them or the unthinkable (which is looking less unthinkable by the day). Who would have imagined it...

Now do you see how no deal is the best option? 

Probably the only option. 

I talk with business people and farming community almost every day and they all say they would hve just walked away from day one and said come see me when you want to talk sense.

Unfortunately very few of those in Government have actually done a real job or worked in business , they are carreer politicians, some just out of Uni and I am sure they look at the EU just as another job opportunity.   Well I think a lot of them will be looking for that job soon. 

If, even now the PM walked away and said, OK no deal it is then, there would be a huge amount of weeping and wailing over on the Continent.  Reading the Business pages today the EU are in deep doodoo financially and going down the tubes fast, up to now with lots of financial fidlling they have managed to stay afloat but once we have left with our contribution unpaid.....

Edited by Walker570

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Now do you see how no deal is the best option? 

Probably the only option. 

I've maintained since the 26th June 2016 that I do not believe we are actually going to leave the EU. And I've recently highlighted here it was the prospect of no deal which prevented me from voting leave three days earlier. The only thing going for no deal in my opinion is that it's a better option than the TM deal.

As for this traitorous rabble handing our country to the EU on a plate and possibly altering the Law so that in the future, it can't be changed back again....who's to say that some future / wannabe Government won't change it in order to garner votes!  After all, they can change the Law in an instant to suit themselves (and gain some EU mates😉) plus possibly a place at the EU trough, with a huge pension!  Wonder how much May gets in her bank account for her treason?  

Standard business practise, if you cannot reach a deal, then you simply walk away.  No deal is the only way to go.  The crawling and submisive approach by May and her advisors makes me nauseous, running our great country down. If the May deal goes through then every country in the world will see us as a soft touch.