Brexit - merged threads

scouser

3 hours ago, pinfireman said:

The "case" against Boris has open Pandoras Box...now George Galloway is seeking to bring Alistair Campbell and Tony Blair to court over lies told regarding Weapons of Mass destruction! I don,t like Galloways politics, but on this issue, I really hope he is succesful!

Here's hoping, but I won't hold my breath.

3 hours ago, B725 said:

Why don't every MP go to court as I am pretty sure they all lie about most things. 

And this is why the case against Boris Johnson will never succeed.

Edited by Newbie to this

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But is it really ignoring the first vote, I don't see how it is? The position on leave is split, what other way is there to resolve this mess?

It is totally ignoring the vote. MPs might be split on leave, but who says the leave voters are split? I don't recall being asked.

6 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It is totally ignoring the vote. MPs might be split on leave, but who says the leave voters are split? I don't recall being asked.

How is it totally ignoring the first vote? Surely parliament revoking article 50 would be ignoring the vote? Apologies for answering questions with questions but I can't answer your questions without first understanding how a vote on the details of Brexit ignores the first. I accept that it would need to be structured carefully and that it itself may not be acceptable for some.

How is it totally ignoring the first vote? Surely parliament revoking article 50 would be ignoring the vote? Apologies for answering questions with questions but I can't answer your questions without first understanding how a vote on the details of Brexit ignores the first. I accept that it would need to be structured carefully and that it itself may not be acceptable for some.

David Cameron spelled out exactly what voting leave meant and that is what voters voted upon. The pathetic squabbling from remain diehards followed and left us in the mess we are in.

Your post is either naïve or evasive - take your pick. I will not respond to any further post from you, as I cannot believe that you seriously believe what you post..

Just now, Gordon R said:

David Cameron spelled out exactly what voting leave meant and that is what voters voted upon. The pathetic squabbling from remain diehards followed and left us in the mess we are in.

Your post is either naïve or evasive - take your pick. I will not respond to any further post from you, as I cannot believe that you seriously believe what you post..

Amen to that.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not disappointed or wounded.

Typical response.  This was about picking on someone who has been accused, and  acting as though he was guilty. I always thought that our legal system was better than the European one....ww are presumed to be innocent until PROVED guilty? Which Boris Johnson has not been !

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

They lied about Weapons of Mass Destruction, and you know nothing about it?  It was in all the papers, and tv.

Just now, pinfireman said:

Typical response.  This was about picking on someone who has been accused, and  acting as though he was guilty. I always thought that our legal system was better than the European one....ww are presumed to be innocent until PROVED guilty? Which Boris Johnson has not been !

I do not represent the judiciary and as far as I know in the current democracy that we live in it's OK to express an opinion. FWIW I don't believe anything will come of the accusations against Boris and in truth I would prefer they weren't brought as they just serve his ego and cause.

Right, since you're so hot on justice - how about providing evidence to support the accusation made against me that you appear to have endorsed? Betcha can't, and probably won't...

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

What validity ?
If anyone, anywhere in the world can vote on it multiple times, what is the level of validity ?

I dont believe anyone is suggesting it isnt ? Where did that come from ?

Me personally, I dont fear the RESULT of a second vote, its the fact of being forced into one before the first has been acted upon, can you not see the problem ?
How about we have a GE , but the winner doesnt take power until its nearly time for a another one ?

Or the fact that a possible 3 options get put on to the ballot to dilute a leave vote, would you be OK with that ?
Maybe 60 % of the country wants out, but its split between a deal and no deal, so we end up staying ?
Ive said time and time again, you cant betray democracy like that and not face consequences.

One of the consequences of the mess and delay with Brexit, is the Brexit party, thats just for starters.

A revocation or a 2nd vote, and you are going to annoy tens of millions of people, and among them remainers too, who will never trust the politicians to tell the truth again.
Its power vacuums like that, that create chaos politics and extremists.
Trust in authority is low at the moment, but dont think it cant go lower.

Excellent post throughout!  Ludicrous to blame Brexiteers for the hack on the A50 petition! 

58 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I doubt you're my type 😛 anyway, the accusation of bragging about making money out of Brexit and therefore being a hypocrite to boot?

You need to answer because, to be fair, Guido's love child stands no chance...

But is it really ignoring the first vote, I don't see how it is? The position on leave is split, what other way is there to resolve this mess?

and now the silly insults, usually when  you,re not winning the argument!  I quote Guido frequently, as his blog is usually hours in front of the other media, and is accurate! He has NEVER been sued for libel succesfully.....................says it all !

22 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Ladies and Gentleman I give you our 'Friends' in the EU.

What is Rajas take on this.....?  

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I do not represent the judiciary and as far as I know in the current democracy that we live in it's OK to express an opinion. FWIW I don't believe anything will come of the accusations against Boris and in truth I would prefer they weren't brought as they just serve his ego and cause.

Right, since you're so hot on justice - how about providing evidence to support the accusation made against me that you appear to have endorsed? Betcha can't, and probably won't...

Accusation? Be specific.

6 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

and now the silly insults, usually when  you,re not winning the argument!  I quote Guido frequently, as his blog is usually hours in front of the other media, and is accurate! He has NEVER been sued for libel succesfully.....................says it all !

:whistling:waiting. 

16 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

When I get chance ,Ill go back through the last 80 odd pages and see if I can find it, like I said , Im 'pretty sure' but if I cant find it, Ill find you guilty by association anyway :lol:

Its the way of the world Im afraid...:yes:

5 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

oh the irony

What is Rajas take on this.....?  

Raja's take on this is that he doesn't even need to watch the video as it was obvious to him that the EU were never going to cede us a good deal. For the umpteenth time one of the reasons he did not vote remain in the referendum. Amongst all the mud flinging, insults and unsubstantiated accusations you fail to realise I'm not exactly the EUs biggest fan.

Accusation? Be specific.

Seriously, lol. Never mind, I rest my case.

Just now, Rewulf said:

When I get chance ,Ill go back through the last 80 odd pages and see if I can find it, like I said , Im 'pretty sure' but if I cant find it, Ill find you guilty by association anyway :lol:

Its the way of the world Im afraid...:yes:

Let me allow you the inconvenience of a futile search by accepting your honourable withdrawal of the said accusation.

Lol - good job you're not a judge 😛 

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Let me allow you the inconvenience of a futile search by accepting your honourable withdrawal of the said accusation.

Lol - good job you're not a judge 😛 

Why have you already edited it out ?

Sneaky 😲:lol:

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

Given Brexiteers track record on compromise, I accept your withdrawal of the accusation 😛

You Sir, have won the day, the war however , is far from over, I bid you good day Sir :lol:

12 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

For the umpteenth time one of the reasons he did not vote remain in the referendum.

Hang on a minute, did you just say you didnt vote remain ?

On a more serious note, whilst I don't support the notion that Farage and the BP represent facism, I think there are elements of UKIP where it's not as clear cut.

I do have some concerns though that what we are seeing what could be the thin end of the wedge as it were, not just here in the UK but across Europe (and beyond).

I wonder what your views are on this passage:

People seem to think that facism arrives in fancy dress, worn by grotesques and monsters as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

Fascism arrives as your friend.

It promises to restore your honour,

make you feel proud,

protect your house,

give you a job,

clean up your neighbourhood,

remind you of how great you once were,

clear out the venal and the corrupt,

remove anything that you feel is unlike you...

It doesn't walk in saying,

"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution".

- Michael Rosen

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You Sir, have won the day, the war however , is far from over, I bid you good day Sir :lol:

haha - glad to see you buying into the satire here

Hang on a minute, did you just say you didnt vote remain ?

Oops genuine mistake, I know what I mean, should have said leave not remain...

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

On a more serious note, whilst I don't support the notion that Farage and the BP represent facism, I think there are elements of UKIP where it's not as clear cut.

I do have some concerns though that what we are seeing what could be the thin end of the wedge as it were, not just here in the UK but across Europe (and beyond).

People seem to think that facism arrives in fancy dress, worn by grotesques and monsters as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

make you feel proud,

protect your house,

give you a job,

- Michael Rosen

Ah yes - a full list of the promises of all the political parties of the left at the last general election.

27 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Image result for communist party posters

make you feel proud,

protect your house,

give you a job,

"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution".

- Michael Rosen

45 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

make you feel proud,

protect your house,

give you a job,

- Michael Rosen

Michael Rosen, the Left-Winger?

33 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Ah yes - a full list of the promises of all the political parties of the left at the last general election.

Then clearly, they must all be facists? Facists of the Left? It,s a very similar manifesto that Lenin put out..............

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Absolutely brilliant!