Brexit - merged threads

scouser

9 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Id like to say no they cant, but technically if the house is in agreement , they could keep asking for extensions till the end of time !

That doesnt mean they will get them, remember, all it takes is one EU country to veto the extension (YEAH RIGHT !) :whistling:
In reality , the longer the EU keeps us in , the longer it has to stop us leaving.

The house though has a limited time before the electorate gets sick of the fudging.
It comes back to that question of credibility again, how can they be trusted to govern, when they cant come to an agreement of how to implement a majority decision?
A lot of remainers keep banging on about 'How do we know its still a majority ?' but like Ive said , if they thought they could re run it and win (this time) they would have already tried.
They know they cant 'win' without fixing the vote.

Boris after one day..on track and looking promising.
The naysayers and haters ..fairly quiet today. :good:

Just give him enough rope the guy doesn't know one end of a kipper from  the another. 

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just like all (12) Lib Dem MPs!

11 more than UKIP ever got and if I recall that was a defection.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Just give him enough rope the guy doesn't know one end of a kipper from  the another

Soon sorted hour man corbyn out today though didn't he? 😀

2 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Wish he was batting for us rather than the bunch of amateurs we've got !

Sounds like you'd be better moving closer to your idols. 

20 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I think Boris's intention is to give the likes of Barnier's chain a F-F- Flipping good yank. Too long Barnier and co have got away with disgracefully bullying Theresa May who, with the best will in the world, was far too soft and far too transparent. 

Now they are up against somebody with bigger and more shiny boots who will be not only be happy but delighted to call them out. He needs to.

Boris's strategy now requires conflict, he needs to be seen to be at war with them, taking the blows but getting back up and fighting the dragons. That's how he will gather support behind him.

Barnier and the rest of the EU realise the British love a battle, even more, they love a war. If that doesn't frighten them it should. The EU is basically a bully who imposes its will upon the weak. Lets see how they like it when the tables are turned and they realise we won't be bullied. And they can go whistle 

For gods sake what planet are you on ?  You'll be rolling out the "we'll fight them on the beaches" speech next get a bloody grip and take your medication.

3 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Caroline Lucas today joins Jo Swinson in saying she would not accept the result of a Second Referendum. The Green MP confirmed that she would vote down any Brexit deal in Parliament.

“If there were to be a referendum and Leave were to win it again, either more decisively or not, in the Commons would you then back a Brexit deal to leave?”

“Um, no I probably wouldn’t.”

She then went on to claim that “a majority probably would.” Guido doesn’t believe her.

GERMAN-MANUFACTURING-copy.png?resize=540%2C312&ssl=1

Germany’s manufacturing woes just get worse and worse, German executives are describing their sector as in “free fall” while one German analyst has said the economy is “in a grey area between a marked growth slowdown and a recession”. The latest German manufacturing PMI index has slumped again to 43.1, significantly lower than expectations and its worst level since 2012. It has been in contraction territory all year…

Luckily for Germany, there’s a large and dynamic world economy just on its doorstep which it will soon have the opportunity to sign a comprehensive free trade deal with. That’ll be a nice confidence boost for the struggling German economy…

Source: Guido Fawkes

Boris didn’t just see off Corbyn’s turgid pre-scripted lines with ease, he thoroughly wiped the floor with him. Ranks up there with Gove’s demolition as the worst beating Corbyn’s ever taken in Parliament, with the added finesse of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Labour MPs will not enjoy watching this at PMQs every week…SOURCE: GUIDO FAWKES

JC looked like his sphincter was twitching 😄

46 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I think Boris's intention is to give the likes of Barnier's chain a F-F- Flipping good yank. Too long Barnier and co have got away with disgracefully bullying Theresa May who, with the best will in the world, was far too soft and far too transparent. 

Now they are up against somebody with bigger and more shiny boots who will be not only be happy but delighted to call them out. He needs to.

Boris's strategy now requires conflict, he needs to be seen to be at war with them, taking the blows but getting back up and fighting the dragons. That's how he will gather support behind him.

Barnier and the rest of the EU realise the British love a battle, even more, they love a war. If that doesn't frighten them it should. The EU is basically a bully who imposes its will upon the weak. Lets see how they like it when the tables are turned and they realise we won't be bullied. And they can go whistle 

A bit OTT in my opinion but let’s see.

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Soon sorted hour man corbyn out today though didn't he? 😀

Sounds like you'd be better moving closer to your idols. 

He's not sorted anything or anyone yet the man is just full of ****, another public school boy who's just got the keys to the tuck shop. Looking forward to see what happens.

1 hour ago, tandytommo said:

For gods sake what planet are you on ?  You'll be rolling out the "we'll fight them on the beaches" speech next get a bloody grip and take your medication.

Er Planet Earth last time I looked . Don't need trolls like you to tell me to get a grip , don't take medication  so you have lost out there too. Anybody who can't put forward a proper reasoned reply is consigned to the bigot bin so goodbye loser.

Just give him enough rope the guy doesn't know one end of a kipper from  the another. 

11 more than UKIP ever got and if I recall that was a defection.

Wrong and wrong, do I detect a trend in your posts? You have to wait and see

Edited by Vince Green

He's not sorted anything or anyone yet the man is just full of ****, another public school boy who's just got the keys to the tuck shop. Looking forward to see what happens.

I look forward to that too, but I think we will differ on the outcome. Where does your anger come from?

Edited by Vince Green

4 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Can we please stop the petty arguments and comments.

We have somehow managed to get to 370 pages of comments and debate.

It would be a shame to lose it over petty bickering.

Spoilsport; I was just getting my popcorn out😪

49 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Jobo wiped the floor with them and it it was great to watch

He certainly had a great presence on that side of the house with lots of support and put the other side in their place - even the speaker seemed to support him though it may have just been an attempt to weaken the bias claims a tad... Time will tell.

9 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Can we please stop the petty arguments and comments.

We have somehow managed to get to 370 pages of comments and debate.

It would be a shame to lose it over petty bickering.

There is no need to shut down debate, just shut down the individuals who resort to personal insults against other PW posters!

It may suit some posters to shut down a particular debate..............and use the moderators to do it?

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

There is no need to shut down debate, just shut down the individuals who resort to personal insults against other PW posters!

It may suit some posters to shut down a particular debate..............and use the moderators to do it?

Fair point, there are only a couple of agitators, give them a warning, ask them to behave and let the thread continue as on the whole it has raised dome interesting points.

I do find it very revealing that one particular poster regularly cries foul!

You mean calling foul when people who add very little to the argument jump on the insult bandwagon and further put the boot in, funny that.

Also, trying to tell the mods how to do their jobs does not usually end well on the vast majority of other websites, it's a credit to the PW mod team that they are so tolerant, particularly considering that by doing so they inevitably make their own jobs harder. The flip side being if you ban people who set out to cause aggro they often come back with new accounts and cause even more disruption until they eventually get bored with it.

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The flip side being if you ban people who set out to cause aggro they often come back with new accounts and cause even more disruption until they eventually get bored with it

Who would do such a thing ! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

You mean calling foul when people who add very little to the argument jump on the insult bandwagon and further put the boot in, funny that.

Also, trying to tell the mods how to do their jobs does not usually end well on the vast majority of other websites, it's a credit to the PW mod team that they are so tolerant, particularly considering that by doing so they inevitably make their own jobs harder. The flip side being if you ban people who set out to cause aggro they often come back with new accounts and cause even more disruption until they eventually get bored with it.

Interesting, have you caused trouble on other Forums?

Just now, Rewulf said:

Who would do such a thing ! 

Lol. Of course taking a trade member account is another well trodden mechanism for ensuring a higher level of mod tolerance than would otherwise be afforded 😛 

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting take on my comments, completely off the mark, but interesting. I actually feel sorry for you if you really view the expression of my opinions as trouble making.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Lol. Of course taking a trade member account is another well trodden mechanism for ensuring a higher level of mod tolerance than would otherwise be afforded 😛 

You dont understand the struggle it took 😋
And as far as 'mod tolerance' ? I would wager my badge comes with no perks regarding what I post.

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The flip side being if you ban people who set out to cause aggro they often come back with new accounts and cause even more disruption until they eventually get bored with it.

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Who would do such a thing ! :lol:

You are right! There are quite a few who have been trying to get back for years. Usually the first thing they do is flounce to another forum and start mouthing off, and the second is that on a fairly regular basis they try and sneak back on. And then when banned again, they head off and do a bit more badmouthing about how rubbish the site is. And so the cycle continues, with a new registration only a matter of time... Pretty pathetic, and I feel a bit sorry for them really, as mostly desperate attention seekers.. But if you can't stay within the rules of the site, despite 3 or 4 warnings, and usually a temporary suspension first, depending on offence, only got themselves to blame!

And on that note... back to Brexit topic at hand please!

24 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Interesting take on my comments, completely off the mark, but interesting. I actually feel sorry for you if you really view the expression of my opinions as trouble making.

Thank you for your sorrow, I believe you are the one casting aspersions after yet again being halted in your remainer crusade.