Brexit - merged threads

scouser

3 minutes ago, JRDS said:

I had a 3 month ban for replying to the **** you write, I am trying to avoid the same again.

I sense a repeat offender unfortunately.

PS - welcome back, your contribution has been sorely missed, in fact we were just discussing the other day...

Edited by Raja Clavata
added a bit of couresy

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Takes 2 to tango though 🙄

Found a link that reports BoJo's government as the most popular new one ever yet?

I suspect the OP was getting confused between popularity within the Tory membership vs. the public at large but happy to be proven wrong.

Perhaps another contributing factor is that the public are increasingly fed up with both major parties taking opposing extreme positions on the political spectrum and are responding to the desire to find something more centre with the Lib Dems just about the only possible option. 

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Perhaps another contributing factor is that the public are increasingly fed up with both major parties taking opposing extreme positions on the political spectrum and are responding to the desire to find something more centre with the Lib Dems just about the only possible option. 

You may well be correct, professional politicians are now despised across the free world.

The Lib Dems with their 13 MPs are now the "major" force in British Politics, Vince Cable must be so proud!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

20 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I guess this illustrates why neither of you post on this thread very often (and actually contribute something even less frequently).

Is that why you don't post anything in the shooting related body of this fine Forum?

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Is that why you don't post anything in the shooting related body of this fine Forum?

I used to contribute quite a bit a few years back but I find most of the topics have been done to death. I made the "mistake" of posting here on this thread and a couple others in off-topic and some of the responses reminded me why I hadn't bothered for several years. In some respects the same old characters behaving as they have for years. Although of course Brexit is just about the most polarising topic ever. Now I view this thread mainly as satirical with the odd flare up.

Edited by Raja Clavata
ah, merged threads explains it...

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Jeez, if this lot are professionals then how bad must the amateurs be 🙂

Actually - amateurs (in all walks of life) can be very very good.  I think the reason is that they are (usually) doing it because the enjoy it, rather than to make money/make a mark/go down in history.

I have seen some of the best craftsmanship I have ever seen done by amateurs.  No time pressure, day job pays wages, take as much time as needed to get just right.  Mind you - not all are like that - my amateur work certainly isn't!

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Found a link that reports BoJo's government as the most popular new one ever yet?

Did anyone suggest that ?

Read this and think about it.

'But a poll by IPSOS Mori suggests the former Mayor of London's sheen may be starting to fade.

Similarly, 75% are dissatisfied with how the Johnson government is running the country compared to 18% that are satisfied.'

His 'sheen' with who ? The maybe 1000 Londoners who did the Mori poll ?
Starting to 'fade'  ? From what , being chosen as leader overwhelmingly  ?
As PM what has he actually done to warrant this in his first week in office ?

Dissatisfied with how hes 'running the country' ?
Do you think it right and proper to pass that kind of judgment on someone who has literally just walking into the job ?
Into a stinking mess that the previous occupant left behind ?

Do you start a job and get sacked within an hour for under performing ?

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

wrong thread, no idea how that happened...

Confusion   Sorry :lol:

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you mean the Councillors who only get an allowance, everybody else is a professional.

no just purely picking up on you using the pro word and reflecting how bad the current lot are

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Actually - amateurs (in all walks of life) can be very very good.  I think the reason is that they are (usually) doing it because the enjoy it, rather than to make money/make a mark/go down in history.

I have seen some of the best craftsmanship I have ever seen done by amateurs.  No time pressure, day job pays wages, take as much time as needed to get just right.  Mind you - not all are like that - my amateur work certainly isn't!

Agreed but I think politicians are a special case.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Did anyone suggest that ?

Read this and think about it.

'But a poll by IPSOS Mori suggests the former Mayor of London's sheen may be starting to fade.

Similarly, 75% are dissatisfied with how the Johnson government is running the country compared to 18% that are satisfied.'

His 'sheen' with who ? The maybe 1000 Londoners who did the Mori poll ?
Starting to 'fade'  ? From what , being chosen as leader overwhelmingly  ?
As PM what has he actually done to warrant this in his first week in office ?

Dissatisfied with how hes 'running the country' ?
Do you think it right and proper to pass that kind of judgment on someone who has literally just walking into the job ?
Into a stinking mess that the previous occupant left behind ?

Do you start a job and get sacked within an hour for under performing ?

Confusion   Sorry :lol:

I said give them time, was just adding some commentary. And yes someone did suggest that earlier this morning, not that they will back it up, despite accusing others of being evasive...

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

responding to the desire to find something more centre with the Lib Dems just about the only possible option. 

Really ? Lib dems are  like labour without the momentum extremists, they are way left of centre.

Are the tories proper right wing ? Far more centrist than lib dems surely ?

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Really ? Lib dems are  like labour without the momentum extremists, they are way left of centre.

Are the tories proper right wing ? Far more centrist than lib dems surely ?

1 minute ago, Yellow Bear said:

Pull the other one they are more left wing than B Liar's so called party and that was left of centre.

I would agree traditionally but I believe there has been a shift recently, at least in public perception.

And for the record, I am in no way implying Conservatives are far right extremists. Brexit Party are more right and UK further right still (assuming they still exist).

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Pull the other one they are more left wing than B Liar's so called party and that was left of centre.

Comparing to Corbyn's Labour not Blair's.

31 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I used to contribute quite a bit a few years back but I find most of the topics have been done to death. I made the "mistake" of posting here on this thread and a couple others in off-topic and some of the responses reminded me why I hadn't bothered for several years. In some respects the same old characters behaving as they have for years. Although of course Brexit is just about the most polarising topic ever. Now I view this thread mainly as satirical with the odd flare up.

Oh, in that case I await you next complaint about people posting without respect for others views!

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Is this the same bloke who predicted the same catastrophe if we voted to leave...but three years ago? 🤔

2 hours ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Sorry about the quality, this is from 1996

😂😂 Brilliant! 

4 hours ago, JRDS said:

I had a 3 month ban for replying to the **** you write, I am trying to avoid the same again.

Please don't misrepresent the reason why you were suspended - we've enough people being very selective with the truth about bans on other forums already. 

If you're going to ignore multiple previous warnings about abusing other members and do it anyway, that's on you, not anybody else.

1 hour ago, Zapp said:

Please don't misrepresent the reason why you were suspended - we've enough people being very selective with the truth about bans on other forums already. 

If you're going to ignore multiple previous warnings about abusing other members and do it anyway, that's on you, not anybody else.

I'm not?  I know why you had the pleasure of banning me thx.

Edited by JRDS

Just catching up with todays progress and learning new words 🙂 

Surprisingly not much mention of the money to be well spent on the Brexit preps. I was wondering how long it will be before we start to requisition a few ships for the defence of our fishing grounds. If we can only spare a couple of boats to manage the Gulf then boats are going to be in short supply come November when we have to start defending our cod pieces.