Brexit - merged threads

scouser

So it's seems, contrary to what we have been lead to believe, if Mr Bakers evidence is anything to go by, It may not be the EU that is the enemy! But our own traitorous government that via the media, has been lying to us throughout and behind the scenes trying to thwart Brexit (and democracy!) by making it impossible for parliament (or the people!) to accept the terms they say are "the best and only deal we can get".......

Well the sad thing is......it doesn't surprise me!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

So it's seems, contrary to what we have been lead to believe, if Mr Bakers evidence is anything to go by, It may not be the EU that is the enemy! But our own traitorous government that via the media, has been lying to us throughout and behind the scenes trying to thwart Brexit (and democracy!) by making it impossible for parliament (or the people!) to accept the terms they say are "the best and only deal we can get".......

It also goes some way to mitigate the BBCs bias if the gummint deliberately chose not to field panelists to rebuke all the project fear. 

I also liked his comments about the gummint looking inward and not outward toward the people and that he would change that. 

A candidate for a future PM methinks. 

On 10/02/2019 at 12:39, panoma1 said:

Me neither.

I have always thought something out of kilter, now I know why, sold down the river by our own.

I had thought that the position we are in was caused by ineptitude, seemingly not, just good old fashioned treachery and the subversion of Democracy.

Maybe the aftermath of this will alter the face of UK politics forever?

UK-GROWTH-2018-copy.png?resize=540%2C302&ssl=1

The ONS has released its first estimate of GDP growth for 2018 Q4 at 0.2%, giving an initial figure of 1.3% growth for the year. A far cry from the recession that the Treasury, Bank of England and IMF were all predicting before the referendum…

Growth is sluggish across Europe, particularly in Italy and Germany – the UK is still comfortably in the middle of the road, with the European Commission itself putting the UK on a par with France and the Eurozone average for its 2019 forecast. If steady growth in the UK is all Brexit’s fault, what’s the EU’s excuse?

brexit-grief-copy-1.png?resize=540%2C328&ssl=1

Civil servants have naturally been grumbling about having to do slightly more work than usual as they prepare for Brexit. Luckily for those working in the Department of Health, they’ve just been issued with a “Toolkit for staff during EU Exit” on “Change management and resilience” to help them “understand the impact which change and uncertainty is having on the way you feel”. Seriously…

The toolkit begins by setting out the Department’s “values and behaviours” as a “Great [sic] Department of State”. Staff are then reassured that it’s “natural” for them to be going through the classic five stages of grief over Brexit. They are literally plotted on a graph – rebranded here as a “change curve”

dhsc1.png?resize=540%2C298&ssl=1

Staff are then instructed how to “take back control” and shut those bad Brexit thoughts out. The key is to “challenge your inner critic” and “kill your Automated Negative Thoughts (ANTS)”. Kill those nasty ANTS!

Struggling with Brexit Derangement Syndrome yourself? Guido has done the public service of reproducing the ‘toolkit’ in full to help you get through your Brexit troubles too…

Don,t you just feel sorry for them................NOT!

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

From the Sun;

"Remainer Commons Speaker John Bercow was today accused of trying to stop Brexit by plotting with pro-EU MPs. He was spotted having dinner with veteran Tory Ken Clarke, a passionate opponent of Brexit. The pair shared a curry at a popular MPs' watering hole - and reportedly discussed the tactics Remainers would use in coming days. Mr Bercow, who is supposed to be politically neutral, has been repeatedly criticised for sabotaging the Government's Brexit policy. He has broken with convention to give Europhile MPs the chance to pass wrecking amendments which undermine Theresa May. The Speaker dined with Mr Clarke, the former Chancellor, at the Kennington Tandoori near Parliament on Wednesday night. An eyewitness told the Sunday Express that Mr Bercow asked, "Where do we go from here?" Mr Clarke reportedly replied: "I'm talking to Hilary Benn on Tuesday." Mr Benn, the Labour chair of the Commons Brexit committee, has helped lead efforts for Parliament to take control of the process." - The Sun

You know theyre on the back foot now, its happening, and no deal is more likely by the day.

Clarke is an old has been, and when he puts himself forward as the saviour of remain, you know theyre scraping the barrel.

They are out of ammo, and all they have left to fight with, are tools that will finish THEM off in the attempt to stop Brexit.
Do they dare use them, would they even work now?
I dont think so.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

From the Sun;

"Remainer Commons Speaker John Bercow was today accused of trying to stop Brexit by plotting with pro-EU MPs. He was spotted having dinner with veteran Tory Ken Clarke, a passionate opponent of Brexit. The pair shared a curry at a popular MPs' watering hole - and reportedly discussed the tactics Remainers would use in coming days. Mr Bercow, who is supposed to be politically neutral, has been repeatedly criticised for sabotaging the Government's Brexit policy. He has broken with convention to give Europhile MPs the chance to pass wrecking amendments which undermine Theresa May. The Speaker dined with Mr Clarke, the former Chancellor, at the Kennington Tandoori near Parliament on Wednesday night. An eyewitness told the Sunday Express that Mr Bercow asked, "Where do we go from here?" Mr Clarke reportedly replied: "I'm talking to Hilary Benn on Tuesday." Mr Benn, the Labour chair of the Commons Brexit committee, has helped lead efforts for Parliament to take control of the process." - The Sun

I worship the ground that,s coming to them.....all 6 feet of it.

On 10/02/2019 at 13:17, oowee said:

I believe that he is talking about the Canada deal. Which is trade in goods which is to the EU's advantage as we are in deficit. We need something for services where we are in credit.

cant keep up with these avitar changes of your......all very confusing.....

10 hours ago, pinfireman said:

I have just watched and listened to a speech on You Tube, in the EU Parliament, by a very brave Flemish MP...he hammers Juncker, and everything that is wrong about the EU....I commend it to all of you. Take 10 minutes to listen to it..........................It,s like Nigel Fargage on speed!

I posted this last week. :exclamation: Keep up. 

13 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Is this it?

YES, this is the one. Well worth watching. Blows away the myth that the rest of Europe are happy-clappy EU pro-federalists!

4 hours ago, oowee said:

I posted this last week. :exclamation: Keep up. 

Sorry, most of us tend to speed read your posts.....or, if time is pressing, ignore them!:yes:

2 hours ago, pinfireman said:

YES, this is the one. Well worth watching. Blows away the myth that the rest of Europe are happy-clappy EU pro-federalists!

Sorry, most of us tend to speed read your posts.....or, if time is pressing, ignore them!:yes:

Blinkers only let you look one way. :good: