Brexit - merged threads

scouser

14 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Forward , to no deal in 45 days time ! :yahoo:

I sincerely hope you’re right.....

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes I quite agree, let them be untouchable in their own little EU Club without us as their sponsors!

...and I hope you’re right also. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Just look at them, theyre like fish out of water , flapping and gasping.
Adamant that they will not renegotiate, but knowing full well that means no deal, do they care that will damage European business ? No. As long as it damages British business.
Professing  that they care about the Irish Border, yet doing NOTHING to avoid any possible issues.
It reminds me of that scene in Braveheart where Edward 1 orders his archers to fire into the melee, 'But wont we hit our own men my lord ? - Yes , but we will hit theirs too '

Tusk saying the leave MPs have a special place in hell waiting for them.
Verhofscat saying the likes of Bojo and the Mogg might end up like Robespierre and Danton, on the guillotine ? !
EU fanboy soro saying the EU project will end up like the USSR , consigned to 'oblivion' . Good  ! Well thats what happens when something doesnt work, it gets chucked !
Junker and verhofscat again, whining that they might lose control of the EU parliament in the coming elections ? And that 'populism' might take over ?
They do realise that thats how democracy works dont they ? Well, maybe they dont !

If the voters dont like something, they tend NOT to vote for it, populism isnt a dirty word, it means your version of government isnt working.
And it isnt... France, Germany , Italy, Poland , Hungary, Denmark and Sweden, huge parts of their populace have had enough of being ignored, bullied and used as testing grounds for Globalism and uncontrolled 3rd world immigration..
The EU is constantly harping on about the 'rise' of nationalism, and the 'threat' to our society , and peace.
Do they not understand? Its THEM, and their policies that people dont like, and nationalism isnt fascism, its people sick of being told to be something they dont want to be.

Ever since we first started debating Brexit and the EU, Ive said that the EU project is dying, its dying and it cant even see it, by being globalist, when the majority dont really want that, is killing it, the answer it seems to them, is to be more globalist, more EU.
Its like it cant see the death of the project staring it in the face !

If it hadnt recreated itself from the trade organisation, into a separate political entity that tries to supersede national government and law, it wouldnt be a problem, it could pay its fat cat salaries and nobody would be bothered, but its arrogance, and intrusion into our every day lives has cost it its life, its smug 'WE know whats best for you' attitude has cost Europe untold billions, for what ?
Control and petty bureaucracy we didnt need, we're leaving, we dont need a deal, as they sit and sneer at how terrible its going to be for us, we can look back without rancor and say 'Its OK we are adults, we always have been, and we can look after ourselves, as we always have, and once we show the rest of Europe that they dont need the EU project to trade, or make laws, they will follow OUR example, as many European countries have through history'

Then we can consign the EU and its snouts to the  dustbin of history, and hopefully some of them to prison.

53 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Adamant that they will not renegotiate, but knowing full well that means no deal, do they care that will damage European business ? No. As long as it damages British business.
Professing  that they care about the Irish Border, yet doing NOTHING to avoid any possible issues.
It reminds me of that scene in Braveheart where Edward 1 orders his archers to fire into the melee, 'But wont we hit our own men my lord ? - Yes , but we will hit theirs too '

Verhofscat saying the likes of Bojo and the Mogg might end up like Robespierre and Danton, on the guillotine ? !
EU fanboy soro saying the EU project will end up like the USSR , consigned to 'oblivion' . Good  ! Well thats what happens when something doesnt work, it gets chucked !
Junker and verhofscat again, whining that they might lose control of the EU parliament in the coming elections ? And that 'populism' might take over ?
They do realise that thats how democracy works dont they ? Well, maybe they dont !

If the voters dont like something, they tend NOT to vote for it, populism isnt a dirty word, it means your version of government isnt working.
And it isnt... France, Germany , Italy, Poland , Hungary, Denmark and Sweden, huge parts of their populace have had enough of being ignored, bullied and used as testing grounds for Globalism and uncontrolled 3rd world immigration..
The EU is constantly harping on about the 'rise' of nationalism, and the 'threat' to our society , and peace.
Do they not understand? Its THEM, and their policies that people dont like, and nationalism isnt fascism, its people sick of being told to be something they dont want to be.

Ever since we first started debating Brexit and the EU, Ive said that the EU project is dying, its dying and it cant even see it, by being globalist, when the majority dont really want that, is killing it, the answer it seems to them, is to be more globalist, more EU.

If it hadnt recreated itself from the trade organisation, into a separate political entity that tries to supersede national government and law, it wouldnt be a problem, it could pay its fat cat salaries and nobody would be bothered, but its arrogance, and intrusion into our every day lives has cost it its life, its smug 'WE know whats best for you' attitude has cost Europe untold billions, for what ?
Control and petty bureaucracy we didnt need, we're leaving, we dont need a deal, as they sit and sneer at how terrible its going to be for us, we can look back without rancor and say 'Its OK we are adults, we always have been, and we can look after ourselves, as we always have, and once we show the rest of Europe that they dont need the EU project to trade, or make laws, they will follow OUR example, as many European countries have through history'

Then we can consign the EU and its snouts to the  dustbin of history, and hopefully some of them to prison.

:good:

Yeah, their answer to people not wanting to give up national sovereignty, if for the governments to give it up on the people's behalf.

My only fear is, that with the push for an EU army, they may try to force it upon the people. Sound familiar?

Edited by Newbie to this

4 minutes ago, B725 said:

EU army isn't that what NATO is for, only 70 years ago they were glad of Britain and the poor souls who gave their life so they could be free. 

**** the EU 

**** the polatitions they are all a bunch of egotistical muppets 

No, far too much American control for the 4th Reich to cope with!

5 hours ago, Scully said:

...and I hope you’re right also. 

So do I

2 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

Excellent, Mr Rewulf , that sums it up exactly.  Let's just hope that the traitors in our Parliament get their just deserts also!  

Agree entirely.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

2 hours ago, JDog said:

As an avid leaver I must say that I have a certain smug satisfaction reading some of the remainers posts knowing full well that at the end of next month Brexit will be achieved.

:hmm:maybe.

8 hours ago, Scully said:

Had about as much effect on Juncker as water off a ducks back; they’re untouchable, and they know it.

But resentment is growing throughout the EU! It is not a sustainable entity................

6 hours ago, oowee said:

Blinkers only let you look one way. :good:

You should know....I,m learning from the master! Keep it up!:whistling:

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Good post!

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I hope you're right, but that remains to be seen. 

Our German friend came over last week, she says that even in Germany, they are getting tired of Merkels Grand Plan for Europe..............Anti-EU parties all over Europe are mobilising. They may not change the EU this time around, but I,m willing to bet that they will ALL increase the number of seats in the EU Parliament!

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

:good:

Yeah, their answer to people not wanting to give up national sovereignty, if for the governments to give it up on the people's behalf.

My only fear is, that with the push for an EU army, they may try to force it upon the people. Sound familiar?

A Fourth Reich ?

4 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Our German friend came over last week, she says that even in Germany, they are getting tired of Merkels Grand Plan for Europe..............Anti-EU parties all over Europe are mobilising. They may not change the EU this time around, but I,m willing to bet that they will ALL increase the number of seats in the EU Parliament!

Like i said, I hope you're right, but it means nothing at the moment. 

Direct from Guido Fawkes website................

open.jpg?resize=540%2C325&ssl=1The EU Commission has this afternoon published legislation on ‘Railway safety and connectivity’ which would guarantee the Channel Tunnel remains open for three months after a no deal Brexit, enough time for the UK and France to renegotiate the treaty that provides the legal underpinning for the crossing. Another piece of a managed no deal that Brexiteers were told was impossible…

https://order-order.com/

https://order-order.com/2019/02/12/eu-broke-letter-spirit-law-scandalous-appointment-junckers-monster-top-job/

SELMAYR-BROKE-LAW-copy.png?resize=540%2C309&ssl=1

The EU Ombudsman has delivered their final verdict on the utterly scandalousappointment of Juncker’s “monster” Martin Selmayr to the top job in the European Commission, concluding that “Selmayr’s appointment did not follow EU law, in letter or spirit, and did not follow the Commission’s own rules”. So much for the EU’s “sacred legal order”…

The Ombudsman “identified four instances of maladministration” in the handling of Selmayr’s appointment as Secretary-General and described the Juncker Commission’s failure to follow official recommendations on opening up the appointment process as “highly regrettable”, adding that “the Ombudsman looks forward to its implementation by the next Commission”. Barely a tickle on the wrist, let alone a slap.

Last December the European Parliament passed a resolution calling for him to quit. Naturally Selmayr has no desire to give up his corruptly obtained post and has ignored them. If a scandal of this magnitude had happened in a functioning democracy Selmayr would have been forced to resign in disgrace. Instead he is still the top dog in the EU’s most powerful institution…

UPDATE: The European Commission have put out a statement in response saying they “take note” of the Ombudsman’s verdict and that Selmayr “fully meets all the demanding requirements for the job” and is going nowhere. Rotten to the core…

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The utterly useless and totally biased Olly Robbins has let the cat out of the bag!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1086384/no-deal-brexit-olly-robbins-theresa-may-deal-brexit-news-irish-backstop-latest

Sounds too convenient, "talking loud enough to be heard clearly' next to a well known journo? 

It's just a way of getting a message into the papers to 'warn' MPs to vote for Mays deal. 

If I can see through it, they can. 

52 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Sounds too convenient, "talking loud enough to be heard clearly' next to a well known journo? 

It's just a way of getting a message into the papers to 'warn' MPs to vote for Mays deal. 

Get agreement or delay Brexit? The latter must be music to remainer MP's ears!

21 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Get agreement or delay Brexit? The latter must be music to remainer MP's ears!

May has said repeatedly they will not ask for an extension (admittedly that means little) but the likes of Cooper and the other remoaner MPs saying they will force an extension and take no deal off the table are also hollow words. First of all they've already tried and failed to remove the automatic no deal fallback. 

Second, they need to get a vote past parliament for an extension, a deeply unpopular thing with the electorate. 

Third and most importantly, they need to get the EU to agree to it, unanimously, with many countries having already said they will not support more delays. 

The MPs who support removing no deal and extending, are playing with fire here, they hope that by removing all leave options they can force remain, or at the very least cause the softest brexit. 

This will not fly, political chaos awaits. 

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The MPs who support removing no deal and extending, are playing with fire here, they hope that by removing all leave options they can force remain, or at the very least cause the softest brexit. 

Those are the ones I was referring to!..........Hoping an extension would give them more time to frustrate Brexit, manoeuvre for a second referendum and another chance to achieve their real aim....to remain in the EU. 

5 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Those are the ones I was referring to!..........Hoping an extension would give them more time to frustrate Brexit, manoeuvre for a second referendum and another chance to achieve their real aim....to remain in the EU. 

You have to ask yourself why they want this? 

They are likely to get the boot next election because of it, they are often  betraying the people who voted for them, and fighting against a larger democratic vote, this will not be forgotten for a long time. 

Their course and decision is like the proverbial turkey voting for Xmas, what are they thinking? 

The political upheaval if brexit isn't delivered properly, will overshadow the worst aspects of a no deal scenario. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Not the case. If it was an MP I would agree but a civil servant no. 

40 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Third and most importantly, they need to get the EU to agree to it, unanimously, with many countries having already said they will not support more delays. 

This will not fly, political chaos awaits. 

I cant see the EU being an issue for delay. More money in the tin. 

We are already in a state of chaos. Who knows whos said what or agreed anything in a few weeks time let alone election date?